Thread: Newbie from Toowoomba

Newbie from Toowoomba

Hi, I'm from Toowoomba. Been out of the fishing scene for a few years now, mainly because of business/work commitments but also because of family.

Last time I really fished was back in the late 80's when I owned a 5 meter Quinnie with a 70 horse Johno on the back. I mainly fished offshore from Mooloolabah, but also frequented Bribie passage, Moreton Island and the Pin. Fished a bit off Townsville too when the opportunity arose.

Boy, have the times changed, seems like fishing for spotties/spanyards with pillies has gone out the door, oh well, looks like I have alot to learn. Cant wait to get back into it.

Guess I will be asking you people for good advice, thanks in advance.

Re: Newbie from Toowoomba

hi welcome back to fishing . i go off morton a fair bit . might catch ya out there

Gday Tumbo I'm in Toowoomba, Do you do any fresh water fishing ?

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by wamjam View Post
    Gday Tumbo I'm in Toowoomba, Do you do any fresh water fishing ?

Scott
    What Wambo really means is " Do you do any XXXX drinking near fresh water?"

Hi Scott,

Yes mate, I have fished fresh water.

As A kid I used to fish Westbrook Creek for yellowbelly and silver perch, I have also caught Brown Trout and a couple of Red Fin in Blowering Dam/Lake Talbingo in the snowy's. I have also caught Rainbow Trout in the Warren River in southern WA.

I am only a couple of K's from Cooby dam and intend to throw a few lures there when I get set up.

Personally though, I would much prefer to be out in a boat trolling for Spanyards, but thats probably awhile off yet.