Page 1 of 39 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: BAIT vs ARTIFICIALS M&G 2012

BAIT vs ARTIFICIALS M&G 2012

The BAIT vs ARTIFICIALS M&G challenge
    Postponed now till Saturday 16th June 2012 due to bad weather
    We are running prize catergories for BAY and OFFSHORE anglers.

Bay fisherman - Fishing to be done anywhere in Moreton Bay

Offshore fisherman - Anywhere from Hutchies to as far south as you like, most guy's ive spoken to are going through South Passage Bar as the weigh-in will be held at Amity Point Caravan Park.

So far the prize catergories are -

OFFSHORE CATERGORIES

Heaviest speedster - kingfish, amberjack, cobia, mackeral
    (bait or artificial) sponsored by wave dancer
    ($100 fuel voucher)

Biggest snapper (bait or artificial)
    sponsored by rosco1974 and dayoo
    (over $100 worth of sinkers, glow egg sinkers, big eye jigheads, hotlips jigs, hooks and other bits and pieces)

Biggest fish caught on soft plastics (soft plastics only)
    sponsored by me
    ($100 worth of offshore plastics)

Longest total length of snapper (bait or artificial)
    (cumulative length, example = 4 fish at 400mm each is a total length of 1600mm)
    sponsored by TREVELLY
    (couple of Williamson Wahoo jet-heads and a set of Ausfish scales seen here http://www.ausfish.com.au/shop/index...=index&cPath=7 or if you would prefere a 1 litre bottle of Johnny Walker Black Label Scotch rather than the scales)

Biggest pearl perch (bait or artificial)
    sponsored by Scalem
    (deep water glow jigheads and a few resin head trolling lures that are made by Scalem)

Smallest Fish caught on Bait (bait only)
    sponsored by MattChew
    (Stimulate berley bomb) (Rosco will win this for sure)

BAY CATERGORIES

Biggest snapper (bait or artificial)
    sponsored by wave dancer
    ($100 fuel voucher)

Biggest GRINNER (bait or artificial)
    sponsored by netmaker
    (free 2012 wage earners tax return) (Must bring it to the weigh in)

BAY & OFFSHORE CATERGORIES

Most bizarre catch (bait or artificial)
    sponsored by me
    ($25 voucher for B.C.F)
    If you catch anything really weird just take a photo and the judges will choose the most bizarre capture.

Biggest jew (mulloway or trag) (bait or artificial)
    sponsored by netmaker
    (free 2012 wage earners tax return)

Biggest flathead (bait or artificial)
    sponsored by netmaker
    (free 2012 wage earners tax return)
    As you know dusky flathead have a max size limit of 75cm and most blokes won't keep them when there up around that size, so a clear picture on a ruler or brag mat will be fine if you land a big one that you return to the water.

Longest total length of "Released Fish" (bait or artificial)
    (must be legal fish, no vermin or undersize fish)

(cumulative length, example = 3 fish at 500mm each is a total length of 1500mm)

sponsored by jason p ($50 BCF voucher)
    As this catergory is for released fish you will need to provide photos of the fish on a ruler or brag mat

RANDOM CATERGORIES

Hair of the dog prize "Most Feral looking hung over person the next day" sponsored by madmackrel
    (4 free hair cuts at Reel Cutz for Men at Wynnum)

Lucky door prize
    sponsored by Bull 1 $100 gift voucher at the Tackle Shop at Carseldine

Steve (Ausfish) has donated some merchandise
    4 hat's and plenty of Ausfish stickers
    which will be included as part of some of the prizes.

There may become more catergories if people want to donate more prizes, just drop me a PM if you would like to contribute.

Bait Guy's - all dead baits and live baits accepted.

Artificial users -
    plastics, hardbodies, knife jigs, octo jigs, vibrating metal blades, metal slugs

Fishing will commence from3am on Saturday the 16th June and the weigh-in will be held at the Amity Point Caravan Park at 3pm.

After the weigh-in people are more than welcome to hang around and start rehydrating themselves with there favourite poison . If your staying the night just sleep in your boat, bring your tent or hire a cabin .

If each boat can list a team name that would be great, no particular reason just for fun.

Also if you require deckies please post up that you have available spots.

The date for the event will not be changed now unless the weather predictions for the 16th June are absolute crap then it will be postponed to a future date.

Anyway hopefully i haven't left anything out

Bring it on "Bait Boys"

cheers tim

Teams Attending

(A) = Artificials (B) = Bait (?) = To be advised

SKIPPER = BLUE DECKIE'S = PINK

(A) Team ARTI-FISH-ALS ... Scalem / TIM D & Simon
    (A) Team Snap-on-Rubbers ... Netmaker / JasonP
    (A) Team Lucky-Snaps-R-Us ... ddobson / Lucky Woods

(B) Team Blurter Hurter ... rosco1974 / Kieren, Shane, Joe
    (B) Team ISDATJEWBRO ... timddo / Donni
    (B) Team Rectal Expulsion ... the lump / Lil Tuffy
    (B) Team Baitman and Poppin ... phantomphisher / ?
    (B) Team Berracuda ... bill / bruce & tim
    (B) Team Shy Gay's ... shy guy 1 / shy guy 2
    (B) Team Container Ship ... Bret / Brad
    (B) Team TRIUMPHANT TRIO ... Bull 1 / cobiaman, madmackrel and tinshack
    (A) Team PB'S ... Dicktracey / Tracey, mossy247
    (A) Team Maximum Pleasure ... Horse / ?
    (B) Team Donut ... Popgun19 / Dayoo
    (B) Team Smokin Asses ... Skipper - lucee81 / Deckies Jeff

(B) No team name yet ... Skipper - fishfeeder / Deckies ?
    (B) No team name yet ... Skipper - wave dancer / Deckies ?
    (?) No team name yet ... Skipper - Jakers 69 / Deckies ?

Available Deckies
    BillyT2382 - Artificials
    PinHead - guessing Bait
    Yellowjack - Artificials
    softplasticsdude79 - Artificials
    malby and his mate Graeme - Artificials

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 15-05-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Re: BAIT vs ARTIFICIALS M&G 2012

we all know who will win the most bizarre catch
    Tangles KFC

Thats awesome tim good to see things are on the go...Now if anyone looking for a deckie or just a fishing bud i will make myself available will chip in for what ever on that.

Cheers
    Billy

on a side note those who are going to camp may pay to ring and book a camp site through redlands tourism...i dont think they will be over booked but it might be easier ....who knows what the ranger will be like....

also wifes,girlfriends,boyfreinds (mentioned this for tim d) and little ones are more than welcome to attend...
    would someone like to recommend a vhf channel we can all tune into

BAIT JIGS CAN BE USED BY BAIT FISHOS BUT ONLY TO CATCH LIVIES

rosco's team name is team propulsion

cheers rosco

should we make a rule that rosco can only use soft plastics and hes not allowed to take any glow sinkers lol!!

oh and tim d is restricted to using bait

i am playing skip on this one tim but am sure i will wet a line at some stage....only need a short fish to beat tim d.lol

ok for those who want to camp the booking number is 1300551253....
    cheers rosco

Tim, Is there a BOOBY prize? Biggest grinner or rubbish fish? If I donate a bag of goodies consisting of my finest deepwater glow jigheads and assorted resin head trolling lures maybe that will be 6th prize. I can't put a cost on it, but retail it will be worth way over $100.00 worth of stuff.

BTW - I'm in mate, had to clear it on the family calendar 1st. Go team 555!!

Brian

nice one brian...if you want to donate some stuff thats great.we did have a shitter/booby prize on the 1st thread but we changed it to the most bizzare catch so if ya want to send tim a pm am sure he will help ya out...by the way u will be fishing bait wont ya..we know how the plastics are treatin you or have u got the mighty goldfinch back on board to offer you and tim some help

cheers rosco

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    Tim, Is there a BOOBY prize? Biggest grinner or rubbish fish? If I donate a bag of goodies consisting of my finest deepwater glow jigheads and assorted resin head trolling lures maybe that will be 6th prize. I can't put a cost on it, but retail it will be worth way over $100.00 worth of stuff.

BTW - I'm in mate, had to clear it on the family calendar 1st. Go team 555!!

Brian

Good to hear your in Brian, if were going to stay overnight for the drinkathon i might bring a blow up matress for some comfort

Your more than welcome to donate some prizes for a catergory mate, i reckon an offshore catergory would be your best bet as your prize will suit offshore fisherman more so than bay fisherman. Up to you though mate, let me know.

I'll try and think of a good team name, "Team 555" sounds boring like rosco's "Team Propulsion" but i didn't expect anything better from a stinky bait user.

cheers tim

come on tim,think the only ones who will save face for the plasticfisho's are netmaker and mossy but they will have there own battle no doubt for the biggest bay snapp...other than that it will be a great day for the bait fisho's

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    nice one brian...if you want to donate some stuff thats great.we did have a shitter/booby prize on the 1st thread but we changed it to the most bizzare catch so if ya want to send tim a pm am sure he will help ya out...by the way u will be fishing bait wont ya..we know how the plastics are treatin you or have u got the mighty goldfinch back on board to offer you and tim some help

cheers rosco
    Nah, I'll stick to artificials mate. This is a comp where the biggest fish wins, it's not about how many pan size you can fit on one dinner plate And the mighty Goldfinch will be the 1st to stick up for me, that day was a team effort, not all about the bloke cranking the reel. Has every bit to do with finding the fish too The busted rod has been replaced, the terminal tackle beefed up .... See how we go hey mate? Might fish downstream from your bait/ burley trail too...

Brian

I was told a different story scalem?. A mattress with two guys, very romantic.
    Hopefully my misses let's me out. Is snapper measured in weight or size. Does a highest with bait count as bait. Etc hot lips with mullet,

Team isdatjewbro.

If people are putting their names forward to be a deckie - be good to say whether you are fishing bait or artificial.

Me - I am in for the event.

I will donate a prize for longest total length of snapper - that is cumulative length ie 4 fish at 400mm each is a total length of 1600mm - now the prize will be a couple of trolling lures (Williamson Wahoo jet-heads) and a 1 litre bottle of Johny Walker Black Lable Scotch.

Choosing to fish bait will be interesting if any surface activity about - racing up to a school of fish and throwing a livebait at it

Also with a weigh in at 3pm I should get to meet a few more people unlike the departure from boat ramp at 3am last M&G where i only got met by the sounds of snoring

May - be intersting with Snapper-time to compare results.

This will be a good M&G Tim - well done - good weather please.

Amity Point - never been there - that will be interesting too.
    Cheers

Trev

It looks like I will probably be up for this one. I head back from 10 days in Stanage Bay on the Thursday before. Friday to regroup and tie on some bits of plastic and maybe even head over to the Amity area Friday night for an early start. I will have to stand up for the arti team to even up the numbers.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"