101 65.16%
  • Mono

22 14.19%
  • Both depending on water depth?

32 20.65%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bait bottom bouncing line type

Re: bait bottom bouncing line type

30lb Platypus low stretch for floatlining, trolling, floating livies everything other than straight bottom bashing. Then I like braid. Only because the only time I bottom bash is usually upwards of 70m deep for pearlies etc. Then I use 20lb braid. Bream whiting etc with bait I like mono but to toss plastics which is rare I do have a light braid outfit..Have caught my biggest fish on 30lb mono. It can do a lot!

I like braid - but it will still have a longish mono leader to deal with the terrain fished

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Havent heard much from the mono brigade as to why they prefer this type of line. Dont be scared to voice your opinion against the majority. I prefer mono in shallow coral reef country for ease of re rigging and i think soft baits stay on the hook longer when being picked at. In deeper more forgiving areas then i would prefer braid with mullet flesh.

My reasoning for using mono whilst floatling as stated before is because mono sinks thus eliminating a big belly in the line while the bait floats down where as braid floats and puts a big curve/belly in the line when float lining using minimal weight.

50 or 65lb power pro braid depending on depth and target along with 40-80lb mono leader once again depending on depth and targeted fish. Also depending on depth and target the leader ranges from 5-10m in length.