Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats in Nundah Creek???

whats in Nundah Creek???

had to go into the airport this morning,,, saw a 4x4 parked on the side of the road with a (couple) of ppl walking the bank of the creek,,,,, neverr noticed any fishing gear but i thought its worth the question
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Re: whats in Nundah Creek???

Bull sharks?

Maybe some muddies?

A big, fat, green zone?

Apart from that, was a good flattie spot before then.

Cuzza

Nundah Creek is a Green Zone from Cabbage Tree Creek to the Gateway, Maybe we are getting Nudah Creek confused with Kedron Brook Floodway/Jackson Creek/Schultz Cannal ?

Cheers,
    John.

Actually, the green zone may end around there. Dunno. I used to fish more towards the mouth of Nundah and Cabbage Tree, and that's Green now.

Cuzza

Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    Nundah Creek is a Green Zone from Cabbage Tree Creek to the Gateway, Maybe we are getting Nudah Creek confused with Kedron Brook Floodway/Jackson Creek/Schultz Cannal ?

Cheers,
    John.
    dont know John,,, ive been past this spot millions of times and on the odd occassion theres a car parked right near the bridge ,,, its the part of the creek as your heading towards the airport,,, so your on the gateway,,,, is this part Green,,, ???
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

The first bridge just after boondall as you are heading south toward the airport?

If so, I have pulled out some rather large bream there in the past, but the last few times I went there got nothing other than some of the largest catfish I have ever seen (read 1m catfish).

If its the second bridge, that is schultz canal. Try fish it up toward Toombul in the shallows!! Some nice big bream up there too!

Quote Originally Posted by choppa View Post
    dont know John,,, ive been past this spot millions of times and on the odd occassion theres a car parked right near the bridge ,,, its the part of the creek as your heading towards the airport,,, so your on the gateway,,,, is this part Green,,, ???
    As Andy says, the first bridge after Boondall on the Gateway is Nundah Creek, The Green Zone starts at Cabbage Tree Creek and ends at that bridge, upstream from the bridge is not a Green Zone and you would find the usual species of fish and crabs, but it's pretty tight up there, not much room as well as being a bit difficult to access.
    The second is Shultz Cannal and it carries the usuall fish and crab species.

Cheers,
    John.

Nundah Creek used to be a good spot for prawns in season - but I haven't been there since the green zones were declared.
    Cheers Freeeedom

Quote Originally Posted by Freeeedom View Post
    Nundah Creek used to be a good spot for prawns in season - but I haven't been there since the green zones were declared.
    Cheers Freeeedom
    Yea mate, prawns were thick up there at times. Was a great creek for muddies and plenty of bream at the mouth. I drive over it every day twice and always look left or right when i cross. now n then you will see the odd kayaker up there flickin a rod around.

Hope thats help
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nundah creek (Medium).JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	77392  

Quote Originally Posted by choppa View Post
    had to go into the airport this morning,,, saw a 4x4 parked on the side of the road with a (couple) of ppl walking the bank of the creek,,,,, neverr noticed any fishing gear but i thought its worth the question
    I think you might mean kedron brook? Its the one near the airport. Its got good prawns in season. flathead, bream usual suspects.

thanks guys,,

what i will do is stop there on the next trip and take a pic,,, the sign on the bridge/overpass whatever you call it states Nundah Creek,,,, so we will venture from there,,

i was thinking of muddies more than fishing as it looks to be heavily overgrown with mangroves,, perhaps this is what these guys were doing as i went past,,, the 4x4 was still there on the way home an hour and more later??

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Hope thats help
    Are all the creeks in green in the pic a green zone now?