View Poll Results: Should this be legal ?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 20.59%
  • No

57 33.53%
  • Yes, with restricted licence and compliance

67 39.41%
  • Yes, only to Ausfishers...

11 6.47%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Should this be legal ?

Should this be legal ?

Just wondering if this could be made legal, seeing the B Double situation. ?

Please vote and offer any ideas or suggestions or comments.. positive oines would be nice

LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 12-07-2012 at 06:45 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Should this be legal ?

I voted with restriction Phil. With all these vehicles on the market now with massive towing capacity IMO it is concerning. Its ok to say the vehicle is up to it but the real question is if the person behind the wheel is up to it ie emergency braking etc.

Just my thoughts.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Yes with restrictions such as brakes, tow ball weight distribution and driver licensing. I wouldn't like to see any old homemade rig on the road but a properly engineered one with a suitably trained driver would be ok.

Wink Re: Should this be legal ?

I voted yes with restictions,
    but wouldn't it be a s**t to back down the ramp.

I like the idea but if you chuck a weekend warrior that heads out once a year are they going to have the skills to drive this set up safely? All good and well going in a straight line but its the bends that will puzzle a few drivers i have seen out there.

The overall length would not be of concern, particaularly when comparing with larger offshore rigs. RE reversing, depends on the ability of the driver.....so i voted for with restrictions. The combined weight of the tinnie and the trailer + load would most probably be more than 750....so the need for additional breaking requirements are there......

Especially if the camper is behind the boat

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coucho View Post
    I voted yes with restictions,
    Went fly fishing on the Green River, Utah, USA on drift boats There were two of them and one of the guides backed em down this little crowded ramp. Made it look easy. Buggered if I could have done it.

I say yes but with restrictions

I voted NO, even though I like the idea. There are too many dumb arse drivers on our roads now. Even if you needed a special “mini B double licence” idiots would find a way to get one.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

I voted for Ausfishers only as we're the only ones smart enough to handle the complexities and bs our way out of it when it all comes to grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    I voted for Ausfishers only as we're the only ones smart enough to handle the complexities and bs our way out of it when it all comes to grief.
    I would of thought there would have been more than just us 3 ausfishers who think we have the intelect to carry out such a manoeuvre.

I was one of them............but after seeing the trailer problems some of us had at the Barwon Banks M&G I think the less amount of Ausfish trailer wheels on the highway the better for all of us!!!

I really really hope some van dragging nomad doesn't see this thread and start getting ideas....

This bloke seems to be doing allright !

That is great BR,,,, i wonder if they pinned him with littering,,, as his can rolled away,,,,,

choppa

oh,,, back to the thread,,,, NO
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE