View Poll Results: Should this be legal ?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 20.59%
  • No

57 33.53%
  • Yes, with restricted licence and compliance

67 39.41%
  • Yes, only to Ausfishers...

11 6.47%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Should this be legal ?

Re: Should this be legal ?

no..forget the reversing..watching drivers side swipe others when turning would be enough.

no for me way too many idiots on the highways now
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

I voted NO also.

Being involved with heavy/long vehicles for many years (16 years of mobile crane operation) I know that there is a talent to it.

With what ive seen at boat ramps over the 11 odd years putting something like this in the hands of some of these people would be nuts.
    Cheers Axl

Quote Originally Posted by lucee81 View Post
    I would of thought there would have been more than just us 3 ausfishers who think we have the intelect to carry out such a manoeuvre.
    Sadly, with Finga away with the fairies and TOL with his DDD's the talent pool has diminished dismally....

If it were an offshore type boat and a tinnie then yes,
    I could definately see the need there.... but a camper trailer
    Jim

Should be a box - For Me only.

I voted "Yes, with restricted licence and compliance"... a LOT of thrashing out would be needed before getting the ok, ie, restricted licences, restricted areas (no city use for instance).

But, as an owner of a vehicle easily capable of it, and having many years of trouble-free heavy towing behind me (touches a big piece of wood!), I'd love the option.

I recon its a top idea and imagine the fishing spots you could go to with a setup like that.....

Maybe Captain Seaweed needs to look into this setup for his little trip !!!!!

Cheers
    Brett

I voted YES, but it would need trailer compliance with towing weights/brakes/hitches etc.. Seen plenty of triple towing pics from the states.
    If this is legal in qld (dolley front) then what why not just change the rules slightly to allow double trailer with correct setup?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

what is the bet (seeing that we cannot see rego plate ID),,, that there would be a cop in OZ,, that would not even blink about this if it occured in his backyard,,

double the bet,,, and place him on the Bruce Hwy,,, on how far he would get

triple the bet,,, if you/me have not done something in your fishing careers that "" reflects this " if u know what i mean,,

my answer is still NO
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

I voted yes, its about time we got back to the survival of the fittest...............

Not in your life ....... even with restrictions ! = unless you towed this set up week in week out = I can see too much grief. There is a significant difference between this set up & a B double .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

*** Many MANY people I see towing even a tiny little boat or box trailer shouldn't be allowed to either.

I'd take my chances with someone experienced towing a double-jointed load than a drongo towing a little box trailer any time!

I voted yes with restrictions..and the restrictions should be a FULL B double licence. If you can drive a B double with a whole lot more at risk than this then you can handle it no problems. But for the average recreational user who doesn't have the experience of driving B doubles (me included) the would end in disaster.

It'd hard enough driving a MR truck with dolly trailer and manage to reverse it up using side mirrors only.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

No

You guys comparing a B double truck to these things?

No comparison even slightly to a truck at all, not even remotely similar.

cheers