Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long shipping times from the U.S.

Re: Long shipping times from the U.S.

The last item I bought from the states was ascope. It took two days to get here and then it languished here in oz for another two weeks, I think it's called efficiency

Ausfish Platinum Member bigjimg's Avatar

It all depends how and who it is shipped with.I've ordered stuff on a Sunday evening and had it in my hand the following Wednesday afternoon.Other stuff a couple of weeks.Got a fish bag on order that won't be here until April as the material to manufacture it is on back order.The shipping for this more than what the bag is worth,but thems the breaks.Jim
    Haines Signature "FinaLeigh" 580F 135 Optimax
    CH 81 & 72 VHF

Mines due tommorrow arvo, thats 5 days shipping since it was sent out last Wednesday.
    Cost was $45.00 for package under 1kg (5 spools of braid and some glue).
    Most of the time shipping for a rod or decent package cost me around $50.00 and takes 10 working days, I always give it three weeks and get in in two.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by scuttlebutt View Post
    Dunno what you'r referring to Dan. I take it USPS just set out their info a little differently to FEDEX.

I've never got anything from the U.S in under two weeks.
    Yes I just got my reel sent in, appears the guy sent it via USPS not UPS.

So I never really thought twice about it..

Seems my reel has left the suburb where the tackle store is in New York on the 12th and arrived at the USPS New York sorting facility 13th..great! I thinks, that's fast!

5 days later.. It is still showing as sitting at the sort facility

hmmm

Dan

Hi, I wouldn't stress unless it doesn't arrive in 3 weeks, and I also wouldn't rely too much on the tracking info, some of the stuff I ordered from the USA has arrived on my doorstep and the tracking info still says the item is still on it's way, a day or two later the tracking info catches up. Isn't it marvelous living in a technologically advanced world.

Cheers

Ed.

I have now been waiting 27 days for one spool of braid to arrive...........
    Jack.

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

I ended up getting my transducer just over 1 month after it was posted.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    I have now been waiting 27 days for one spool of braid to arrive...........
    That is getting to be a long wait, shoot off an email and see if they can find out what happened to it. I ordered a complete Insta-trim trim tab kit and after three weeks or so I sent the seller an email to track it, as I would have expected that it would have arrived here by then, apparently the carton got damaged and the USPS didn't notify the sender about it till he asked where it was and why wasn't it delivered.

However the sender sent another one to me via express while he waited to receive the other one back from the USPS, and it arrived about 4 days later , which I thought was rather nice of him. It was bought via E-Bay.

Cheers.

Ed.

I have sent two emails to the seller in the past week, both promptly replied to, first to tell me he was going to investigate it immediately, second to say it was posted the day I paid for the line. I am not sweating on the line cuz it is not to be used for fishing but as a high tension sight line at work for a job starting in three weeks.
    Jack.

The reel has just hit customs clearance Australia.
    That 6 days and its onshore, pretty good.
    Should get it in under 2 weeks.

Maybe USPS is got its self together again.

Tunaticer, they may have sent the spool of braid regular post, (which takes 3 weeks to a month).
    I buy hooks off guys on Ebay and they take a month to get here.

cheers