Thread: Bream are not mud crabs!

Bream are not mud crabs!

Hi All,

After last weeks effort of 4 muddies I thought it was all too easy, so put the pots out again yesterday afternoon. First check this morning led to zero crabs and 3 bream over 35ish cm. After a quick adjustment to the position of the pots led to this afternoons check of 4 jennies one just under size buck and 2 bream of about 30 and 40cm.

Unfortunately no crabs but good to know where I can scratch that fishing itch that's growing.

Hope everyone else is catching a few more then my self!

Cheers

Bermo

Re: Bream are not mud crabs!

nope.... i had 8 pots out yesterday for 1 anaemic sandcrab!!!!!! :-)

did u try my spot x lockie,workmates son and a couple of mate put there pots a bit further than my spot x in the river and got 18 sandies and 2 muddies.put the pots out friday arvo and picked them up sat morning...had 10 pots out

Reddy has been going off with the sandies. I put 4 pots in at clontarf 2 wkends ago. They were in for about 5 hours while i was at mud. All pots had legal crabs when i returned, one pot alone had 7 males - legal size. A couple of big jenny muddies also

By the way bermo, some blokes fish for hours or days on end without hookin up on bream of that quality,

Some guys chase Bream for years and never get a 40cm fish so well done for a ;landbased crab pot. I'm still envious of your 20cm Muddy from your last effort. Obviously fishing lanbased is a lot more productive than taking out the boat
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Hey Rosco nah I didn't go back there.... I put the pots in an area that usually crabs well in late August.... Just thought I would try it :-) epic fail... Haha!!

Think I might try your spot again late week or the weekend.....

thanks guys,

Yeah horse it was a big crab, I was having dreams that I would lift the pot again and see another but full this time..however to no alas. And yes the bream I've caught in the pots this week and last week are bigger then my line caught fish..... I was nearly going to claim it as a PB but not the same thrill as caught on a line.

Kingcray good to hear you're getting amongst it over my old stomping ground.

I'm heading to the pumicstone this weekend for a camping trip with some mates so hopefully a few more muddies and fish to report.

Cheers

Bermo

Nice work Bermo, atleast ya got a feed of fish mate...Now hopefully the crabs will come in on your next trip mate.

Cheers
    Billy

Nice work Bermo, the size of those fish that found their way into the pots, are impressive enough.
    Good things come to those who bait