Thread: Bait ball off Gold Coast 22/2/12

Bait ball off Gold Coast 22/2/12

Rate my Vid in You Tube, share a comment.. cheers

Re: Bait ball off Gold Coast 22/2/12

a beautiful sight

Yep - and I hear some screaming reels. Anything landed? Or sharked?

Everything we hooked up got eaten by the man (heaps of them) in the grey suit..lol By the time i got the 24kg gear ready it was all over... Great fun and a fantastic experience thats for sure..

Why can't these appear when i'm offshore the Goldie

cheers tim

Wicked, got my adrenalin going just watching it. Oh how I miss the days of balls like that full of Sails in the Trench......

Cheers guys. I got interviewed by Channel 9 news this arvo. This vid of the bait ball will be on the Gold Coast News at 530 and Maybe on the 6pm broadcast ch 9. (depends on other breaking news).. stoked..

cool vid, for those interested i have come across a larger schools smashing the surface in the shipping channel off bulwer a couple times lately, once with wayno60

Nice video!! would have got my blood boiling too!

I saw the same water activity off Burleigh on the same day you took the video, 22/2/12. Was walking on the beach and saw seaguls diving in the distance! It's like if someone below was trying to boil the water! hectic!

what were the fish in the bait ball.. just mack tuna or was there other cool stuff amoungst it also?
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

And what I liked was that the audio was not full of blue language so it could go to air; always nicer.

C
    C
    What could go wrong.......................

Nice work, you would have had some fun there. Congratulations for the vid, airing on the news.
    Good things come to those who bait

There was most pelagic species there. YFT, Mac T, Striped T, Spott Mac, Spanish Mac and the men in the grey suits... we lost heaps to the sharks... oh and i managed to get 2 birds tangled up whilst casting.. (returned unharmed )lol
    it was pretty crazy
    cheers BD