Thread: Cathedral Beach Fraser Island

Cathedral Beach Fraser Island

Last year I stayed at Cathedral Beach at Fraser Island which was a Big 4 park. I have been advised they have now sold the park and have new owners. I am having trouble finding who the new owners are and how to contact them for a booking? Has anyone stayed there lately and can give me there details?

Re: Cathedral Beach Fraser Island

LAst time I was at happy valley, the pub had closed down. I had a good chat to the caretaker who was minding the place and he said that both were owned by the same mob, which had gone into receivership. All the stock from happy valley had gone to cathedral beach. Apparently the track washout from moon point was the straw that broke the camels back, as they just could not get the backpackers through that kept the place going. That was last easter. The place was auctioned off, and the rumour was that the bloke who built the place was likely going to buy it back. Not sure what happened though.

The post from maca76 in this thread is promising http://myswag.org/forum/index.php?topic=19696.0
    He says "I was there last week for work at Happy Valley, the resort at Happy Valley is partially open only the shop section so far."

The other option is to stay at dundaburra, just up the road 5 mins, family environment encouraged and good facilities now they have built the new ablution blocks, fence around for kids to be safe to run around. Rangers based there. My daughter has loved it so much over the years she is now becoming a ranger. We stayed there every year while the kids grew up for about 10 yrs, now on the beach is more fun. good safe environment for kids but.

cheers