Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ahh whats that you say?.... Biggest flathead you ever seen....shucks

Re: ahh whats that you say?.... Biggest flathead you ever seen....shucks

Also i did check the tail fin looking for the distinctive dusky flathead spot Was nothing to be seen as far as i could tell.That is why i mentioned i could have kept it. just came to my attention to mention that.
    My wife lets me buy all the fishing gear i can hide....

p.s Nice suit. Looks like a giant condom. (all in good humour mate) I hope it kept you dry.

Pretty sure it was a dusky that you caught as I don't know of any other flathead that grows that big...happy to be corrected on this point

Mate nice fish.... Might want to buy a good sized landing net though, it also makes climbing around on the rocks safer. wouldn't want to slip and gaff yourself.....

Cheers
    Brett

Quote Originally Posted by fishfeeder View Post
    Might want to buy a good sized landing net though.....
    And a bragmat and a decent digital camera...

Yes everyone i will have to go get a large landing net and a brag matt. a good digital camera would be nice but do i look like i'm made of money geez
    anyway i will also have to go have a bit of a read about fish handling also. Can't get it right all the time i guess but geez a guys allowed to make a mistake everynow and again, also information and advice is better than criticisim anyday and criticisim much easier swallowed with a glass of information and advice

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Pretty sure it was a dusky that you caught as I don't know of any other flathead that grows that big...happy to be corrected on this point
    turns out you are right! thanks for that lucky i did let it go then. Fisheries was down there most of the morning saw them searching cars. along with police

That size lizard is rare, plus a breeding female(hence the negative comments you have received on the handling), but based on your last post sounds like your taking on-board what a few of the posters are saying...thumbs up.

Very easy to get into a keyboard stoush....the thread will end up 20 pages long, and end up getting deleted or locked....few deep breaths, think before you press "reply"

Mick