Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarence river jews & flatty

Clarence river jews & flatty

hi all,
    arrived at maclean on thursday,and have been fishing Yamba since,water is starting to clear after the floods,have had some reasonable sessions with flatty and jew,picked up a mate this morning from iluka and fished the middle wall for 4 jew and 1 unstoppable until it spat the plastic,only dug the camera out today,so no pics of previous fish,so far i have 8 flathead up to 60cm,5 bream uo to 37cm and 4 jew up to 65cms.My mate bagged 2 nice jew this morning 1 @ 84cm and 1 @ 75cm,will be back out tomorrow arvo for the run in chasing more jew.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0452.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	77097   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0453.jpg 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	77098  

Blog Entries

Re: Clarence river jews & flatty

Good stuff mate. Was wondering how you were getting on

Nice work, your getting some good numbers. It a nice place down there, we go to the caravan park at iluka. Keep those photos coming.
    Good things come to those who bait

nice fish. i will be fishin that wall in about 4 weeks time for a week...... so leave a jewie or 2 for me will ya.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcray View Post
    nice fish. i will be fishin that wall in about 4 weeks time for a week...... so leave a jewie or 2 for me will ya.
    We'll be about 8 weeks after that!

Sounds like you're having a great time down there Spdude. Keep the reports coming please

Thanks for the report mate. Thought i'd ask - what placcy you getting the jews on? I'm down that way in about a months time for an away outing with our Club.

Quote Originally Posted by braders83 View Post
    Thanks for the report mate. Thought i'd ask - what placcy you getting the jews on? I'm down that way in about a months time for an away outing with our Club.
    run in tide only,7 inch berkley gulp,white and nuc chicken.plenty of snags though so come prepared.

Heya mate nice to hear your having a good time down there, plus your getting some really nice fish, keep up the good work...look forward to hearing more of your adventures.

Cheers
    Billy

wow,gotta love prices at yamba,$10 min for jigheads and $12 min for berkley gulp range,dont mind supporting the local industries but dont like getting ripped either.

Quote Originally Posted by softplasticsdude79 View Post
    wow,gotta love prices at yamba,$10 min for jigheads and $12 min for berkley gulp range,dont mind supporting the local industries but dont like getting ripped either.
    Haha yeah. I have been bitten down there many times. Took me probably 10 trips to realise i should stock up before i get there.

Great report spd !!

Looks like you were near the end of the middle wall on the river side across from the Coastguard at Iluka.

What was the current like on the run in tide? It can really rip along there.

Looks like I'll be there for a week from 12 March.

TOL

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend View Post
    Great report spd !!

Looks like you were near the end of the middle wall on the river side across from the Coastguard at Iluka.

What was the current like on the run in tide? It can really rip along there.

TOL
    pretty close with the location matey,tide was rippin in ,1/2 to make the bottom,and constantly repositioning the boat through a carpark of anchored boats,but well worth it,released another 2 flatty @ 50cms but heres a pic of another 2 jew who unfortunately didnt make it back to the river,father inlaw loves fresh fish,both these guys came in at 63-65cms,well above the legal 45cm limit.having a ball down here and dont wanna come home,i reckon the bank account wants a rest though,its getting flogged LOL,.Am going out again tomorrow at 6.30am,will hopefully post a few more pics tomorrow arvo,im hunting jew from 6.30-10.59am,1 x 4 XXXX Gold at 10.59am-11am, flatty at iluka from 11am-2pm and bream from 2pm - 5pm and home for dinner and more beer at 6pm.Terrible daily schedule,id rather be at work NOT.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0458.jpg 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	77152  

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend View Post

TOL
    Thats the same week i will be there

Quote Originally Posted by softplasticsdude79 View Post
    pretty close with the location matey,tide was rippin in ,1/2 to make the bottom,and constantly repositioning the boat through a carpark of anchored boats,but well worth it,released another 2 flatty @ 50cms but heres a pic of another 2 jew who unfortunately didnt make it back to the river,father inlaw loves fresh fish,both these guys came in at 63-65cms,well above the legal 45cm limit.having a ball down here and dont wanna come home,i reckon the bank account wants a rest though,its getting flogged LOL,.Am going out again tomorrow at 6.30am,will hopefully post a few more pics tomorrow arvo,im hunting jew from 6.30-10.59am,1 x 4 XXXX Gold at 10.59am-11am, flatty at iluka from 11am-2pm and bream from 2pm - 5pm and home for dinner and more beer at 6pm.Terrible daily schedule,id rather be at work NOT.
    Mate don't for get a mooring at Iluka for a coldie and lunch at the pub - Sedger's Reef Hotel! The Legendary! Beats the mrs ham sandwich any day of the week!

Quote Originally Posted by braders83 View Post
    Mate don't for get a mooring at Iluka for a coldie and lunch at the pub - Sedger's Reef Hotel! The Legendary! Beats the mrs ham sandwich any day of the week!
    yeah,sounds good,yamba shores tavern is pretty nice too,just weighing up if we go,had a cracker storm last night and its still raining now.