Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not too bad for 32 years old

Not too bad for 32 years old

I gave the ReelHappy another coat of polish early this morning and was playing around with a fish eye camera lens I found and it looked so good I had to brag a bit .

Of course I am still not 100% happy but its getting there.

BOAT really does mean Bring out Another Thousand

Re: Not too bad for 32 years old

and why wouldn't ya be real happy? looks schmick mate.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

looks great and i know the feeling i just polished mine its 40 years old this month.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liar liar.......I reckon you blokes are full of crap!!!! Those boats are new.....not polished.

If you care to prove me wrong then go ahead, come to Redland Bay and show me on mine but until then I don't believe you.

looks great fish hunter ..i will post some pics of mine soon close up ones so that you can see what i have done ..happy fishing ha ,i just need to get out in it more

Gday FishHunter,

Mate you have every right to brag,that is one very good looking boat,well done!
    Are they led`s you have under the canopy? if so,how good are they at night?, as I am thinking of putting a few in myself.

Cheers
    Kerrod

Thanks Kdog. They are blue Leds and are too bright for night driving but good for rigging in conjunction with the under gunwhale lighting. I will be fitting a dimmer soon to sort that out.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

It is looking good fishhunter,

You have a great boat now mate. very nice rig.

yeah its 32yrs old. But its had a good makeover.

'black hole saga' ring a bell???

Cheers Steve
    I dont have ADHD......ohh look a squirrell !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    It is looking good fishhunter,

You have a great boat now mate. very nice rig.

yeah its 32yrs old. But its had a good makeover.

'black hole saga' ring a bell???

Cheers Steve
    LOL, that saga hassnt stopped just havent done anything major for a while.

hey fishhunter just wondering where you got your full engine cover from? that ones a beauty keeps all the weather and shit out while its stored, and how much are they worth. cheers, good job btw on the boat looks in great nick for the age.

Quote Originally Posted by j_man_84 View Post
    hey fishhunter just wondering where you got your full engine cover from? that ones a beauty keeps all the weather and shit out while its stored, and how much are they worth. cheers, good job btw on the boat looks in great nick for the age.
    Outboard Covers Australia, check out the website they are in Perth but will ship Australia wide. Excellent product highly recommended. I am on my second set.

Cheers
    "Mystique" Haines Signature 580BR with 175 of Mr Suzuki's finest ponies

Is it possible to get a few more details as in what you used and how long it took ???
    I really need to polish mine and was wondering what sort of polish I should use and what polishing machine is recommended....
    There are a few rusty marks, Leaf stains, Roller marks on hull and general wear and tear marks..
    Also what do you use to clean a white 2 stroke engine ???

Muddy didn't you buy a $hit load of cleaning stuff from a auction not long ago want to sell me some products ???

Cheers
    Brett

Its been 18 months and lots of products. What u see there is White Power bathroom foam followed by 1 coat of Maguires marine wax followed by 4 coats of Starbrite marine polish with ptfe and then 2 coats of hard Carnuba wax. My problem is that due to the extremely weathered gelcoat dirt gets into the pores and very difficult to remove so I am trying to build the polish up.
    Its been sanded down with 1200 grit waterpaper and buffed 4 times with a rotary buff and many grades of compound previously.
    Starting to run out of gelcoat now so its just hand work now

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Mate that's a LOT of hard work !!!
    Here I was thinking a cutting compound with a electric polisher and then a polish would bring mine back to perfect....
    The gelcoat on mine looks fine, with a few stains that will need more attention, but in the end I just need something to make it shine like new again.

Might need to read some more information before I tackle this job...

Thanks for the information Fishhunter

Is that the same boat we watched getting doused in everything from cutnpolish to nappisan awhile ago ?
    Absolute credit to you.
    Great rig. 32yrs young.
    With the care its getting it will be around a lot longer than most new boats bought today.