Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mossy Charters Fail...

Mossy Charters Fail...

Took a mate out with a few others in their boat over to my local haunts to drift the lumps and come tight on some good fish, was blowing its arse out most of the morning and was pretty slow going with a few small grassies and squire in the mix.
    My mate had is brother and their staffy in the boat who was having a blast with his little life jacket on growling at the plastics and every fish that came on board.
    Anyways plenty of ground covered and one cast and on the drop, smack... zzzzzzzzzzzzz nice, bit of a wrestle with the fish the road and the lecky I sorted it all out and chased down the snapper, came up close to the boat and took a little run seen the size and new it was up there for me, got it up again and netted. On the mat and good side of 71cm. My new PB. Not much else around old mate did manage a few small squire and a grassie but not thick as usual.
    Next day ,today. Took out Jack was tough going, plenty on the sounder few grassies just on legal so they got another life, caught up with a few mates few drifts and a nice estuary cod. Gave that to a mate, few more drifts, caught up with davo and his snapper for a chat and was back on my drifts between me and Jack plenty of grassies small squire a tusky for Jack.
    Pretty rubbish now, going to get all set up to do it all again tomorrow.
    tight lines - MossY
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	329057_3315988019040_1248399383_3360375_1073078810_o.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	77088   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	341213_3315987139018_1248399383_3360372_1329276624_o.jpg 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	77089   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	336530_3307615649736_1248399383_3356292_824643969_o.jpg 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	77090   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	331347_3307616729763_1248399383_3356293_1418996621_o.jpg 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	77091  

Re: Mossy Charters Fail...

congrats again on the pb mate. well done. hope you up it again soon too.
    cheers
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Woohoo!!! awesome mate nice job on the snapper and P/B..You guys sounded like ya had some fun on the water the last 2 days. You da man mossy.

Cheers
    Billy

hey, hang on. is that a wrinkle in your brag mat? have you ironed it lately?
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Good work Mossy, that PB looks like that'll be hard to beat. Also I heard those tuskfish are really nice eating.
    Good things come to those who bait

Blog Entries

Well done Mr Moss. Very nice snap indeed mate. You got them sorted for sure.

Well done and what happen to your faceless on memorable photo of PB Mud snapper...

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    hey, hang on. is that a wrinkle in your brag mat? have you ironed it lately?
    Hey that brag mat is pressed flat each morning. LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Well done Mr Moss. Very nice snap indeed mate. You got them sorted for sure.
    Cheers mate, but the thing I find weird is the only time I managed a 70+ model, Netmaker - Davo is on the road home from the M&G as soon as his tinny hits the water I can't find any all day but davo does

onya Mossy..I spent many a time at Dud Isle and nary a bite to speak of let alone a anything resembling a fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Well done and what happen to your faceless on memorable photo of PB Mud snapper...
    One knob head per photo Silent plus my face mask wasn't on. hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    onya Mossy..I spent many a time at Dud Isle and nary a bite to speak of let alone a anything resembling a fish.
    Cheers mate.
    Its them bloody plastics pinhead, I don't think I would have the same results on baits. IMO

Top effort as always Mossy, that's a great snapper! I fish always fish peel (at least once a fonight) and have yet to catch an EC, I don't know what I am doing wrong
    Thanks for the report mate.

Cheers

Nice fish Mossy, ill be out there in the morning for a look, might see you out there mate.
    Zac

Half way there Mossy, tried those recycled franga's today had the tail bitten off "Yes Zman"
    Used the head wisely and fitted squid tenticals to it caught a shit load of grassy's and Tusk
    cheers
    Dick