Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Charter Boat for Swains Trip?

Best Charter Boat for Swains Trip?

Any suggestions on the best charter to do a swains trip with? How much did it cost/how long and where did it leave from..............any pictures would be awesome.

Re: Best Charter Boat for Swains Trip?

I went out on the MV Capricorn Star in 2010. Very comfy boat. We had 12 ppl and the cost was about $2000. 3 good meals and 2 smokos per day. Bait supplied. Supply your own alcohol and gear. 2 deckies and a skipper done all the work. 3 dorries for fishing closer to the reefs. Left Gladstone Saturday arvo, returned late Friday night. Great time

This year we are going on the MV Norval. 10 of us. Just under $2000. I'll let you know what it was like after July.

have been out twice on Tasman Venture out of Hervey Bay,usually a whale watching boat. big cat caters for 12 & 3 crew .3 dories 3 meals a day & 2 smoko's, supplies bait, take own grog & fishing gear,snap freezer all fished cleaned & packaged.$2,500 a head/7days. am going again 1st June. Lloyd is the boat owner & skipper & top bloke,puts you on some good fish outwide on way up & back to.Boat travels at 25knotts so you get there in good time,usually leaves at midnight & by breakfast your fishing off big boat.havn't ever been on any other boat up there so can't compare,but haven't found the need to either, it's afantastic trip on Tas

tasman Venture

Quote Originally Posted by 095rat View Post
    tasman Venture
    DId you get into the fish mate?

yep got plenty on both previous trips,good variety,trout,rte,parrott, snapper,Red emporer,sapniyards,job fish etc

Have been on the Norval. Do a search on this site and you will get a report on the trip and the boat. Recommend them.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Have been on the Norval. Do a search on this site and you will get a report on the trip and the boat. Recommend them.

Steve
    How much was the trip. What can you tell me about it

Quote Originally Posted by nowornever1972 View Post
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...ghlight=norval

Trip details in this link

Quote Originally Posted by nowornever1972 View Post
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...ghlight=norval
    Boat details in this link

I have been out of Gladstone on the Kanimbla 12 times. It is alarge twin hull boat and we usually take 18 people. Website is kanimblacharters.net.au

It has 6 dories which are Webster twinfishers about 4.5m. Dories are equiped with sounders and VHF radios.

Good boat, good crew, good food and good fishing.

I have organised a trip out from 24-31 Auguust this year and have a few vacancies. If you are interested drop me an email

Quote Originally Posted by goodpal View Post
    I have been out of Gladstone on the Kanimbla 12 times. It is alarge twin hull boat and we usually take 18 people. Website is kanimblacharters.net.au

It has 6 dories which are Webster twinfishers about 4.5m. Dories are equiped with sounders and VHF radios.

I have organised a trip out from 24-31 Auguust this year and have a few vacancies. If you are interested drop me an email
    ditto for Kanimbla. great crew and set up.

Quote Originally Posted by goodpal View Post

How much is the trip and for how long

How are you going with you search for a swains trip, myself and my deckhand crewed the noval 2011 season. This year we are working out of rosslyn bay, yeppoon, 3 hours closer to the reef on the Konar 60ft nice boat. we have good tucker , good fishing and good times if you are interested. You can call Ken on 0432098121. Cheers laurie