Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gotta luv mud island

gotta luv mud island

hi all. as i couldn't get out on the m&g yesterday i was pretty keen to get out in the bay today. up at 6 and down to wello. put in and drifted up the eastern side of green for 1 bite off and a couple of taps and that was it. figured i would continue on up to mud and say gidday to the gang. pulled up at the southern cardinal marker on the eastern side and cast the deadstick out. then cast out my other line and 5 seconds later i was on. after a bit of fun to and froing and nearly bumping into a boat anchored with 3 blokes in it, i landed a 72cm snap to the cheers of the onlookers. gotta luv it. didn't stay much longer. went and said gidday to my mate shano, then mossy and jack and also dick and tracey. had a good brag, fished another 45 minutes or so and packed it in.
    for those interested he was caught on a 2-4kg rod, shimano sienna 2500, 6 lb fireline and 12 lb leader using a 1/8 3/0 jighead with a 3" zman prawnz in rootbeer.
    was certainly a reasonable compensation for missing out yesterday.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20000104_124311.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	77086

sorry bout the pic. couldn't see what i was snapping due to glare. this was the pick of 6 attempts.

cheers
    davo
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Blog Entries

Re: gotta luv mud island

Couple of nice fillets there Davo. Well done mate.

Nice work Davo, I bet you can't wait for dinner tonight.
    Good things come to those who bait

Looks 70.5 to me
    Well Done mate I was out all morning with jack looking for that one, sure it didn't have my name on it? Wait till DD finds out it was on his favourite shrimp, dropped down on light gear.
    Good catch mate, good to see the light gear working hard for you.
    Catch you tomorrow on the water, I will bring you one of my home brew ginger beers to celebrate.

nice one daveo! thats making it up for sure!

Davo youre the man mate, nice fish.
    Cheers Perry

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy247 View Post
    Looks 70.5 to me
    Well Done mate I was out all morning with jack looking for that one, sure it didn't have my name on it? Wait till DD finds out it was on his favourite shrimp, dropped down on light gear.
    Good catch mate, good to see the light gear working hard for you.
    Catch you tomorrow on the water, I will bring you one of my home brew ginger beers to celebrate.
    hahaha. good one mate. yep, thats why i laid it over the numbers and cut the tail off the pic. if it makes ya feel better he was only 70 before i straightened him up. took the small esky again today and bent another fish lol. i'm sure dd will have somethin to say about it too lol. and i'm definately up for a brew tomorrow too.

thanks tim and perry. agrav8 - he'll be on the ice till tuesday. mates come round for beers monday and friday and i try not to miss a bragging opportunity lol.

Oooooh!!! dayum davo even thats a nice snapper too..actually that looks like the same pic as mossy's?? hahahahaha nahh just kidding well done buddy and like the words of Burleygu You da man!!! Nice work on you and mossy's snapper.

Cheers
    Billy

Jealous as Dave

Glad to see that photo shop is working for you Davo

Quote Originally Posted by Dicktracey View Post
    Glad to see that photo shop is working for you Davo
    yep, you got me. it was actually 84 but i didn't want to seem a smartarse so i cropped it

jamie. let me know when your up for it. could do it in mine now too if you want. all the extra horsies make it very much speedier.

Nice fish mate, well done

Mate first cast. Solid fish and still at mud eh. You and mossy are casting in a house full of em lately. Well done Davo (pitty about saturday windy and shut down) Cheers DD.....

yeah, first cast is brilliant hey. couldn't believe my luck on a busy morning at mud.