Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: few macks today

few macks today

went looking for a few schoolies for a feed again this morning,headed over moreton and through out the spoons not alot happining ended up with 5 keepers,there where schools of 35-45cm schoolies everywhere.must of caught 10 or so all released
    tried smoking a few pieces and turned out ok ..i just put sweet chilli sauce on them then straight into the smoker.1st go at smoking they wheren't too bad
    cheers roscoClick image for larger version. 

Name:	macks 18th feb 001.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	77056Click image for larger version. 

Name:	macks 18th feb 002.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	77057
    p.s. did the run from manly to nearly tangers and back + 4hrs trolling for a total fuel use of 48ltrs for both 140hp suzukis pretty good fuel economy i recon

Re: few macks today

Thanks for the report. I'm going to give it a go tomorrow. Will be my first attempt with a paravane/spoon.

Those smoked fillets look awesome!

Good stuff Rosco, I haven't tried smoking them, how did they taste? I might have try tomoorow, I'm starting to get that mack fever.
    Cheers Millsy

mate they where pretty good,just had a few pieces with a cold beer.doesn't get much better than that

yum Nice one

Nice work Rosco, my mouth is watering just looking at those fillets. Looks like you had a good day on the water. I go to my local bush and get iron bark sticks, split them up and soak in either water, rum, bourbon or wine. Let it soak for about 20 min, that will give it some different flavors.
    Good things come to those who bait

Fish look good rosco.
    Mate what sort of smoker u got.
    I want to get one .
    I am going out to woody in morn to get some more snapper

Cheers
    Greg

Well done Rosco and good feul economy there to and thats a good size boat to push to. At least there out there in good numbers now. And a feed maybe i will get em soon but my 2 stroke is a good dollar per k. Cheers DD.....

greg its a cheap one i got from another fishing site.think i payed $20 for it.looks like a knock off of the kipper smoker fcb sells.did the job though

Wow nice work rosco, The smoker did its job lol they look great!!.

Cheers
    Billy

just smoking a few more to take on the boat tomorrow ...
    dd,lets hope they stay there for a few weeks ,dont mind filletin 5 fish when u get good filllets off them

used to fillet spaniards leaving plenty on the backbone with steve oconnor and bob caldwell when we went off noosa, great feed eating smoked backbone

Well done rosco nice catch mate and they are excellent fuel usage figures. Dad and I got a feed of Whiting from the Rouse that morning but the size was average. No crabs form spot X all were thrown back to gorw a little bit more. See you next time.
    Cheers Axl

axl ,a feed of tings is still great .the conditions where a little ordinay but still got a feed of macks

Ordinary is one word for it mate the old man is still whinging bloody sea breeze!!!! but the tings were nice.

Back to work tomorrow maybe when I get home the weather gods will play the game and ill shoot over to Moreton for a play with the macks. Keep the reports comming ill be watching from a far.
    Cheers Axl