Thread: Better than a poke in the eye I suppose

Blog Entries

Better than a poke in the eye I suppose

Looked like bottom of the tide was to be about 2:20am in the passage so I got up at 2am and headed out to the spot.

Cast out with a 5 inch pearl coloured SP I brought back from USA. Nothing even bumped it. Switched to a Gulp 4 inch minnow in satay casserole or sumthin and not a nudge. Switched to 3 inch Gulp paddle tailed minnow in fairy floss or whatever.... nuthin... I was standing out there thinking that Mullet Muskateer is right. Flatties come and go in spots. They seemed to have left for sure. But I was out there so kept trying. I had switched to a 4 inch Gulp Minnow in Pumpkinseed and right on 4am felt that familiar thump. After a short and rather tame joust in came lunch. 49cm Flatty.

Kept casting around until 6:30am for not another touch....... Better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick but not great. Will try somewhere different tomorrow I think.

Oh and I finally bought a brag mat so you lot can keep me honest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0646.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	77044

Re: Better than a poke in the eye I suppose

Great work Funchy, that will be very tasty.
    Good things come to those who bait

Ooooh the funchy strikes again...like i said mate "You da man!!!" hahahaha good fish...And the brag mat awesome stuff, now i just need to get one hahaha instead of trying to make my own lmao...tight ass!! lmao
    Good work funchy!

Cheers
    Billy

Your brag stick works wonders though Billy :d

try the same spot on a run out tide!