Thread: Info on some trebles

Info on some trebles

Hey guys

Not an area that i all too well but i got a few hardbody lures that the trebles are starting to go rubbish. What brand trebles would you guys recommend to replace them with..

a few of the lures i got are

small surface poppers
    a few shallow divers ~1m
    few deeper divers
    bibbless vibes

dont want dodgy old trebles to be the result of losing a good fish

cheers...Ben

Re: Info on some trebles

I change all of the trebles to Owners on my barra lures.

Yep...

In terms of sizes should i just stick with the same sizes that came with the lures?

Are Owners usually heavier? as they are stronger? if so could i then downsize the treble size or best to keep the same

Also i have seen on some surface that some people use a single hook on the rear? thoughts on that?

Ben...

Vmc trebles work for me.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
    BOAT really does mean Bring out Another Thousand

Ben,

There are heaps of quality trebles available including Owner, Decoy, VMC etc. Some are stronger, some are lighter and some will be meant for specific circumstances...

But the important thing is to match the right size (and weight) of treble to the lure. To big or heavy and you can affect or even kill the action of the lure.

Take one of each type of lure to your local tackle shop and this will help you match them with the correct trebles...

And yes, single hooks rather than trebles can be a good option, particularly on fish that can trash trebles quickly (barra, snapper)...

Cheers

Pete