Thread: Bks fishing charter ( gold coast)

Bks fishing charter ( gold coast)

Hi,

I find this fishing charter: http://www.bksfishing.com.au. He is the cheapest on the gold coast: 90$.

Is somebody know/test it?

Thanks
    jerome

Re: Bks fishing charter ( gold coast)

Yeah been on them before with a couple of mates, nothing special much like any other charter you pay that kind of money for. I was unlucky enough to get stuck next to some guys with no idea tangling up my lines, eventually they got the sh!ts and just tied us up to braid. Managed 2 mac tuna and lost another 3 because the guys at the back of the boat wouldn't leave the drag alone or throwing their lines over each other. Last 2 charters were like that for me, turned me off the "group charters", would much rather save a few more dollars and go out with a guide max 4 blokes chasing fish rather than anchoring up at some gravel patch for trag jew.
    IMO - tight lines

Save your money and your time and and give RU4REEL a go, Roderick operates out of tweed and is extremely knowledgeable and versatile.
    Like anything you get what pay for.

Im with fishawn.. super knowledgable bloke is Rod.. the other option is just frustrating and you will get back dissapointed.. unless bombing snapper leads for little trag is your go.
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

Ausfish Silver Member Swanie1975's Avatar

i organised a work charter with these guys about 2 years ago, it was a really bad forecast and blowing its guts out way over what i would go out in but out we went - everyone was crook with the waves and swell so big at times we were trying to fish with one hand and hang on with the other

we only fished the close in reefs of mermaid and burleigh gravel patch for an interesting mix of species but nothing flash. like the others have said, you get what you pay for. i went out with ru4reel from the goldie and they were really good.

cheers ryan

Yeh went out with these guys not too long ago with my brother inlaw... got out to the 1st spot and basically bagged out on Tailor and Trag... Then threw out a livie Trag on 30lb spin gear and a fella brought in a 29kg cobia... made for a nice dinner as he shared it with all of us on board

thanks for your advice but the tweed are too far from my location (labrador).