Thread: Deep Tiller Steer Tinny - Suggestions

Deep Tiller Steer Tinny - Suggestions

Gday Guys,

Back in the boat market again.

I am chasing a deep tiller steer tin anywhere from 4.4m to 5m. I have budgeted to around 16k.

im currently looking at the Aquamaster, Sea Jay and Stessco range. Just chasing any thoughts, advice or suggestions.

It will be a bay boat but in good weather hit the closer reefs off mooloolaba,

Cheers.

Re: Deep Tiller Steer Tinny - Suggestions

2nd hand TABS might be the go.
    Jack.

Deep Tiller Steer Tinny - Suggestions

Bluefin warrior with a 50 or 60 hP is plenty deep and up to the task ....Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Just went through a similar thing and ended up with a Brooker Safari 5m. Only got this cause the price was good and it had a low hour 4 stroke on it. It has been great so far and have put 90hrs on it in 4 months. Mainly prawning but have had it out through the south passage bar for a mackerel fish. If this boat didn't come up I probably would have leaned toward the Stessco 490 tornado or 510 offshore. Great tiller steer boats and pretty good value. Seajay would have been next but were a bit more expensive.

The Brooker's are a lot of boat for the dollars paid. A good mate has had a 5m Safari for some years now. With a 50hp 2 stroke it was a good boat. Now refitted with a 70 Yammy 4 stroke, the thing runs on the smell of an oily rag. The other week he did from the Brissie River to Hutchies and back on about 35 litres with the run home in pretty average conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    The Brooker's are a lot of boat for the dollars paid. A good mate has had a 5m Safari for some years now. With a 50hp 2 stroke it was a good boat. Now refitted with a 70 Yammy 4 stroke, the thing runs on the smell of an oily rag. The other week he did from the Brissie River to Hutchies and back on about 35 litres with the run home in pretty average conditions.
    Yep I reckon the 70 would be a great motor for it. Mine has the 60 on it and while good it is at the bottom limit for HP I think. I am still to play with props though. It too runs on the smell of an oily rag with a trip from Redland bay out to SPB then trolling all the coffee rock reefs pretty much up to the green zone off Moreton then home for 30litres. Was 114km all up but a lot of that was at troll speed.

Aluvan... made locally & built like a tank!
    Go and see Ben Allen at Motorsport Marine Burpengary. Ben is the builder & a nice bloke.
    The Stessco is built at the same place in Narangbah & Motorsport have them as well.
    Cheers,
    Leigh (Kero).

I had the Bluefin Warrior with a 60 it was a great little rig and very well built.......I was looking at a SeaJay Ranger 4.7 about 12 months ago they are a good looking hull also but a little expensive.
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Thanks for all the replys gents, I've come across a pretty great deal on a 4.65 ally craft Indian. It's in great condition and bloody deep, thoughts?

We had the 410 Rhino in the Ally craft it wasnt too bad of a boat but since it had the inner Keel it used to never used to sit well in the watter used to be rolly and never really as good as the stacer we had. We ended up getting rid of it and bought a $29 stacer again and just swapped everything over. Its not the same boat but just food for thought either way.
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Quote Originally Posted by poonabayking View Post
    Thanks for all the replys gents, I've come across a pretty great deal on a 4.65 ally craft Indian. It's in great condition and bloody deep, thoughts?
    I had the slightly smaller 445 Sioux for a few years. Was a great boat. Very deep and very wide. Used to regularly go offshore in it. Even caught a couple of little Marlin out of it

image.jpeg

Check if the ally craft has deep strakes pressed into the bottom of the hull or whether the bottom planking has the same clinker style as the sides. There are quite a few ally crafts around where u can see every rib from the bow to about midships from the outside. Early formosas had the same thing with their boats ( they don't build 'em like that anymore!). They're ok in calm water but if you're taking it outside in the rough the hull planking straightens between the ribs.