Thread: Nothing to see here....move along to the next thread please

Blog Entries

Unhappy Nothing to see here....move along to the next thread please

OK I am posting this in case anyone was wondering......

Headed out of Maloolabah at about 5am Sunday morning. Boat hadn't been in the water for a while, we had blown the cobwebs out in the passage a couple of weeks ago to get the motor sorted, made sure all the safety gear was up to date etc but hadn't checked fishfinder/GPS so when that was found to be on the blink it did not start the day with a positive. Headed out east to ..... well we didn't know cos no GPS.... It was much lumpier than we would have thought and the 5.25M was bumping along and we thought lets troll. Threw a couple of lures out the back and trolled em for about an hour.... not a touch. Saw some boats off in the distance so we motored over anchored up and dropped som stinky stuff over the side. I was using a 5inch SP Minnow. My mate got 1 little fella on squid (looked like a Moses Perch I think, he went back) but I didn't take much notice cos I was feeling a little worse for wear. Have never really been effected by sea sickness before but today was the day apparently. Anyway I tuffed it out till about 8am and we hadn't got anything so my mate said lets go back in. I didn't argue.

Was good to give the boat a bit of a run. Will get the GPS fixed and try again, this time I may take a tablet as well. Was along trip home I tell ya.

Re: Nothing to see here....move along to the next thread please

Heya funchy, sorry to hear the gps wasn't working mate, but once again ya got out there to give it a go...mate if ya had of been with me and davo saturday hahahaha now that was a bumpy trip home but i was loving it and 12hrs on the sea hahahaha...i'm trying to get my chugga going just need a couple more tweaks(power pack, and gear shifter need to un-jam it) and she will be on the water wooohooo
    Looks like i'm back to landbasing it again this weekend mate trying out the new s/p's Zman's 5" just gota get more jig heads because i lost a few lol...but all good

Cheers
    Billy

we headed out about the same time sunday morning and i was surprised at the size of some of the swells had me airborn once so we decided to troll out to the inner gneerings and i to dropped a few baits over but we got some nice sweetlip and a legal red throat on the drift
    hope you get the sounder going again

shane

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    we headed out about the same time sunday morning and i was surprised at the size of some of the swells had me airborn once so we decided to troll out to the inner gneerings and i to dropped a few baits over but we got some nice sweetlip and a legal red throat on the drift
    hope you get the sounder going again

shane
    Yep, was some fun ride out all right. Glad you got onto some mate. Apparently he has "fiddled with some connections and soaked it in some WD40" and it has come good?

Yep was wondering...shame about the lack of fish (and the seasickness) Better luck next time!

Hey Funchy, sorry to hear about the unfortunate lack of fish and the sea sickness. But i'm hoping for your drought to be braking soon.
    Good things come to those who bait

were you berleying?
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Blog Entries

Nope, held back old mate

With a thread title like that, I had to check it out!

Unlucky you didn't catch any fish mate, at least you didn't chunder!

Cheers,
    Kaidon
    Conservation NOT preservation!

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Nope, held back old mate
    love your fortitude
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    love your fortitude
    Baaaaahahahaha!