Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: A few prawnies.

Re: A few prawnies.

Enjoy them all before they are gone people. You have a perfect day Monday 9th April, after that, winds come back again.

5 trawlers were working a patch about a mile square this morning due east of Queens Beach starting about about 1.5nm off shore. Around and around they went as a fleet it seemed from about 5am to after i left at 7.30am. I presume the run out tide will have the prawns schooling just outside of the Woody Point green zone in reasonable numbers.
    Check your charts for the east west drop off line due east of the Margate boat ramp.......could well be the edge of deeper water they might hold in.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    5 trawlers were working a patch about a mile square this morning due east of Queens Beach starting about about 1.5nm off shore. Around and around they went as a fleet it seemed from about 5am to after i left at 7.30am. I presume the run out tide will have the prawns schooling just outside of the Woody Point green zone in reasonable numbers.
    Check your charts for the east west drop off line due east of the Margate boat ramp.......could well be the edge of deeper water they might hold in.
    I was out off the rocks at the end of suttons also this morning. looked like about 8 or 10 trawlers to me.
    There were prawns skipping at woody at about 5.30 right where you just said.

Thanks tunaticer and kingcray,

I had an idea there would be good quality big prawns spraying off Woody, I'd say be close to 22cm by now.

Trawler blokes would have cleaned up for sure. And just after fullmoon period too.

Bondy

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    would b nice if they turned up at clontarf like they did a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by B U Z Z I N View Post
    would b nice if they turned up at clontarf like they did a few years ago
    Too early dude. Once Redlands bay is over it's nudgee next then spot x

Nah, Spot x is rooted, spot z is the go

Buzzin. I was in amongst that. that one friday arvo and the following saturday. THEY WERE THICK. i remember at one stage average 2kg / throw. Could easily get 40 - 50 kg if u wanted / were allowed
    I also remember boats bumping into each other and a few brawls breaking out

If They do, please let me know it would be awesome!.
    Nah, it wouldn't be much fun. 5 throws and you gotta go home .Today was better. 500 throws for 3kilo.

haha Pero. Trust me i have been keeping a close eye out for prawns round home. The few i saw round woody on the wkend were the first i have noticed. As Tim said they should be coming soon. within next 3 -4 weeks i would think. If not by then, we may miss out

Quote Originally Posted by kingcray View Post
    Buzzin. I was in amongst that. that one friday arvo and the following saturday. THEY WERE THICK. i remember at one stage average 2kg / throw. Could easily get 40 - 50 kg if u wanted / were allowed
    I also remember boats bumping into each other and a few brawls breaking out
    i was in there 2 ,but the day i got out there they were smaller then day b4

I heard the boats smashed them yesterday, Got a few pics sent via phone. They are damn good prawns. On a sidenote. The word is - the prawns have started at Woodgate. The wind has dropped. perfect!

Woodgate? As in Woodgate near Bundy ?

I heard Pero smashed them today off Woodgate. Good effort