Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A few prawnies.

A few prawnies.

Bondy and I went out very early this morning scout around for prawns. I was feeling optimistic. I had one of those feeling , you know, when you just know you'll get something. We did a few k's. tried at least 9-10 spots and got onto a reasonable feed.
    now Bondy doesn't like sharin his catch too much.
    Mainly because I pinch the biggies . So we had seperate buckets. Early on I was facing the embarrasing prospect of getting less of a feed than Bondy. The normal order was returned in the end. I got close to 3litres, I reckon you only got 2, bondy. Now, no lying Pete.
    piccie to come later gotta do stuff in a hurry.

Re: A few prawnies.

Well done stan, if anyone can find em ,it,s you, nice to see you kept the pecking order right with bondy, were they were I was on friday?, cheers royslaven.

Pero and I did go prawning today and yep managed to get a feed. We did do a few k's. Fishos need to have some spots as long as they're not cancerous .

Anyway, I did managed to get a few before Pero caught up and overtook.

Here's my pic, had a few tigers amongst the yella

Prawn sanga this arvo with a beer chaser yummmm.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mixed bag Tigers and Bananas 10.2.2012 (Large).jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	76862  

Yeah, funny that! I got no tigers ,Bondy. It's that bottom pocket on your net.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	todays12feb.jpg 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	76894  

Pero ,

What can I say, I learnt from the master. You got some good size bananas I see .

Yep, bottom pockets will do the trick and I'll have another for the night is over

Good work there Bondy and Pero. Hopefully things start thickening up after this fresh.

Cheers

pero. i did the big loop today. put in at reddy bay, over to the w's, then lamb, western side of russell, power lines, daves gutter, prawn farm outlet, reddy bay channel and pt talburpin. sambino got a good look at the bay. new motor got another couple of hours run in time. didn't see a prawn or a cast net for that matter.
    fishing tomorrow. prawns later. me thinks i should have called you first.
    cheers
    davo
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Stop bluffing guys. I know you know where the prawns are.

Will pm you Netmaker.

They're around,

I'll let you guys bag out the next few weeks while i chase the good old Mud crabs in my Spot X , Location Z and G time

Nah, keep the mudcrabs , they're all hollow and too many crabpot thieves about , At least with faithful castnet, there are nice mouth watering prawnies to get hhmmmm and you get to take home castnet unless rock the ripper gets hold of it.

Bondy

Well, I had to get out of the man cave for a break. Seeing the rain had stopped, I went for a quick scout around.
    I was Expecting to find nothing than Catfish and flotsam. And I was hoping the plague of jelly fish were gone.
    Well the good news is there was no catfish where I was. I found some holes so thick with jellyfish that it was impossible to throw the net.
    And was pleasantly suprised to do ok in the prawning stakes. I thought there would be nothing around. 2lt of Good quality bananas in a half hour. There were still plenty around, but pulling up 10 jellyfish and two prawns per cast was a bit disheartening. Mainly because the itching caused by these critters outweighed the fun of catching the prawns. Not to mention trying to extracate the buggers from the net after every cast. I think the prawns can wait until the jelly goes.
    Caught half a dozen Nuisance bream which promptly went back in the drink too.

Name:	prawning26feb.jpg 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	77385  

A few stripeys mixed in there too Pero. nice work.

Yeah, Brown tigers. And a Mantis shrimp too. Just wondering-Whats the bag limit on Jellyfish? I had so many in one cast that I couldnt lift the pocket into the boat.