Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A few prawnies.

Re: A few prawnies.

the mouth of the logan where the rocky point is on your left good prawns hang over the rocks and if you mark your net line at a meter shorter then the depth you are casting in you can throw over the rocky bottom and stop your net at the desired mark closing your net before it hits the bottom. has worked for me even had an asian guy telling me 'no cast there no cast there to rockyyyy' which it is but it always turns out good when the prawns are there.

Pero and I were the first to get onto the prawns, First cast Pero gets 30, I get 15, good quality size. Unfortunately my polarised sunnies went swimming and that was not good for my eyes. Wind was of significance this morning.

Ended up with 3kg.

Bondy

Good work Bondy, that will keep you in a few prawn sangas over Easter.

Geez ,Bondy.
    I tell ya Once your glasses went in the drink, you weren't the same.You went from 15 a throw , to none. I was havin a beer at home yesterday arvo thinkin about it.
    Remember that turtle we saw pop up a few metres away, just after you lost you flashy anti glare xray sunglasses? Well I put two and two together and got 5. I went back there at 6pm last night, and I was right The b**tard was wearing your specs. I couldn't catch the turtle he went down as soon as I threw my net at him.
    Don't worry mate, Me, Woody, schuey, Kevvie Royslaven and Dave have formed a posse. Were gunna lynch him, and Get ya glasses back today. I got a photo of him just before he gottaway. But tonght he's gunna be turtle soup, Bondy old mate!

WANTED-

yeah Pero I've put up all the posters around the boat ramps. Wanted.

Well , Bondy. You lost your mojo! I dunno how your gonna go now. We stuck these posters up at all the ramps.

The boys were out searchin' I even rang Dr Col limpus. That turtles gone with yer sunnies i think. Woody and Kevvie haven't come back yet, but I think you lost 'em for good.

I don,t how you do it stan, u are a crack up, funny as, but now i know why you take bondy out with you
    cheers, royslaven

Hey yeah, Roy. Like I said u owe us money, lol

Yeah Pero,

Blastered turtle, also a large tear in the net to go with, damn hudini.

Bondy

Royslaven,

Whats the go with those radioactive gloves you wear when prawning?

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    Royslaven,

Whats the go with those radioactive gloves you wear when prawning?
    Hey , I have to wear them cause I,m not tough like old sea dogs like you and pero, I suffer from dish maids hands, ha ha , they also give a nice colour contrast with my jacket, got to try and look fashionable whilst out and about ha ha , cheers roy

Quote Originally Posted by royslaven View Post
    Hey , I have to wear them cause I,m not tough like old sea dogs like you and pero, I suffer from dish maids hands, ha ha , they also give a nice colour contrast with my jacket, got to try and look fashionable whilst out and about ha ha , cheers roy
    Hey Roy,

At least you're colour coordinated, good sun protection too.

Cheers, Bondy

I received a tipoff last night from Woody,- prawns a Nudgee! Apparently, not an overly large school.
    I was out at daylight,
    there were nine or ten others there as well.I cant say I know Nudgee real well, So I did what everyone else does. Turn the motor off and look at each other.
    Waited for that first first bloke to shake a prawn from the net.
    There were tonnes and tonnes of jellyfish accompanying us.I could see casting was going to be difficult.
    After 2 hours of what almost appeared cat and mouse tactics- Where a person would cast, and 5 boats would race towards him.
    No good! false alarm yet again- Finally someone moved to an area where the water had that prawn look-.
    Not emerald green but cloudy almost milky green.
    This looks the right colour I said to the guy in the blue and yellow overalls and he agreed .
    I threw the net at the water and no sooner had I cast
    and got my first prawn.
    30 metres away couple of Asians pulled up a handfull,and It was on!.Everone milled around and into them.
    It was shallow,only 3 metres of water and more jelly fish than prawns.
    We got 10's and 20's to start with and within 15 minutes it was as good as over.
    I was getting one and twos per throw mixed in with a couple of blue.bottles per cast.
    The quality was excellent, 15-20cm. My largest two were 23 and 24cm. I put them on the scales.
    They weighed in at 160grams. Thats one to a sanga! I finished with 6lts. Not sure what will be around tomorrow.
    but, the bluebottles put a dampener on the fun.

nice work stan , you are a machine, thanks for the report, roy

not much happening there 2day,but i did start late 10am, got about 15 of them 23,24cm 1's
    Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    I received a tipoff last night from Woody,- prawns a Nudgee! Apparently, not an overly large school.
    I was out at daylight,
    there were nine or ten others there as well.I cant say I know Nudgee real well, So I did what everyone else does. Turn the motor off and look at each other.
    Waited for that first first bloke to shake a prawn from the net.
    There were tonnes and tonnes of jellyfish accompanying us.I could see casting was going to be difficult.
    After 2 hours of what almost appeared cat and mouse tactics- Where a person would cast, and 5 boats would race towards him.
    No good! false alarm yet again- Finally someone moved to an area where the water had that prawn look-.
    Not emerald green but cloudy almost milky green.
    This looks the right colour I said to the guy in the blue and yellow overalls and he agreed .
    I threw the net at the water and no sooner had I cast
    and got my first prawn.
    30 metres away couple of Asians pulled up a handfull,and It was on!.Everone milled around and into them.
    It was shallow,only 3 metres of water and more jelly fish than prawns.
    We got 10's and 20's to start with and within 15 minutes it was as good as over.
    I was getting one and twos per throw mixed in with a couple of blue.bottles per cast.
    The quality was excellent, 15-20cm. My largest two were 23 and 24cm. I put them on the scales.
    They weighed in at 160grams. Thats one to a sanga! I finished with 6lts. Not sure what will be around tomorrow.
    but, the bluebottles put a dampener on the fun.