Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A few prawnies.

Re: A few prawnies.

They look like the ones I got on Monday cracker size and about 3 ltrs of them

Seen a couple late arvo session, bit bumpy down the powerlines until wind died off later after dark.

Bondy

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    Yeah good size. Best I've seen for a while. By that I mean consistantly around 18-22 cm Banana prawns. The sort they tell me are around shorncliffe,Bramble bay,Cabbage tree, this time of year. It must be nearly time to nudge the Nudgee area. I haven't been to the tweed for those 30cm beggars, but they would feel like a Flattie hitting your net. Anyway I'm agreeing with Bondy. I'm not going out Saturday. There be more boats out there than prawns. Having said that the tides are spot on. Ideal conditions with low highs and high lows. The prawns linger longer. Heres what I got yesterday. By the way bumped in to Netmaker. He was just cruisin round yesterday. He had the odd throw and was just happy to be on the water, I reckon.
    I will be giving the nudgee area a bit of a nudge either sun or mon. Havnt seen the the trawellers mowing the area from otter rock towards the river tho but i think it will definately be worth a look. It sucks that they zoned the spot where they always are tho.

Quote Originally Posted by BogusPokus View Post
    I will be giving the nudgee area a bit of a nudge either sun or mon. Havnt seen the the trawellers mowing the area from otter rock towards the river tho but i think it will definately be worth a look. It sucks that they zoned the spot where they always are tho.
    had a look around nudgee sat. morning,not much happening yet,would b good 2hear how u go as there are in spots 1 day and gone the nexted.
    heard they r getting them in the passage at bribie

Shuey gave them a nudge at Deep water bend yesterday. He did well too. He will flog them there again today no doubt!
    on the Bay it was same again. I took Robbie out there this morning. He's been nagging me for weeks. In fact since last March! We ended up with 7kg of quality prawns. Of which Robbie got 16 of them. He even managed 2 in one cast.
    I have promptly dropped him from the team. He's not even on the bench from now on. I'm gonna set him as an emergency. Here's the piccie-

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    Shuey gave them a nudge at Deep water bend yesterday. He did well too. He will flog them there again today no doubt!
    on the Bay it was same again. I took Robbie out there this morning. He's been nagging me for weeks. In fact since last March! We ended up with 7kg of quality prawns. Of which Robbie got 16 of them. He even managed 2 in one cast.
    I have promptly dropped him from the team. He's not even on the bench from now on. I'm gonna set him as an emergency. Here's the piccie-
    Hey stan aren,t you being a bit hard on robbie, he did have to drive the boat as well, cheers ,royslaven

Nah, He's useless. If I drove the boat, I would have got more.

Good work there Pero. That's a better haul than mine. I also managed to give a nudge to a great snag in the pine yesterday so will be busy this week. Got a few there yesterday but would like to see them a bit thicker. Poor old robbie, cant even make the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuey View Post
    Good work there Pero. That's a better haul than mine. I also managed to give a nudge to a great snag in the pine yesterday so will be busy this week. Got a few there yesterday but would like to see them a bit thicker. Poor old robbie, cant even make the bench.
    Gday Schuey, were there many prawns at the bend on saturday? i have caught bugger all down there lately. Thinkin of given em another crack on the wkend but with easter, we may require the traffic control dudes down the DWB ramp.
    Deano

Hey Deano. Was down there saturday and sunday and managed a feed both days. They were a bit hit and miss both days but i'm not the best cast net thrower either. Besides spending my time ripping my net or unravelling my rope from the prop I still got fed. Both easter crowds and big tides will probably put me off this weekend but good luck if you're having a go. You should get a few.
    Schuey

Quote Originally Posted by Schuey View Post
    Hey Deano. Was down there saturday and sunday and managed a feed both days. They were a bit hit and miss both days but i'm not the best cast net thrower either. Besides spending my time ripping my net or unravelling my rope from the prop I still got fed. Both easter crowds and big tides will probably put me off this weekend but good luck if you're having a go. You should get a few.
    Schuey
    Bloody yesterday was busy enough at The Bend . I can just imagine what it is going to be like over Easter .
    Shawn

I know you guys have been getting them around northern bay but I live on the Gold Coast so was wondering if it would be worth a look around the logan river and southern bay islands?

Yes, it would Jason.
    I find a lot of people pm me, and want info on where the prawns are. But then tell me they don't want to tell others the location. Or maybe better put- "Where are the prawns Pero? But don't tell anyone else, just me." It might make sense for me to not tell in future.

Gave ne of Nudgee a nudge yesterday early. Got a couple medium sized tiger prawns, and thought oh yeah here they come but then the sun came up and prawns buggered off. Went for a strap over to dwb, wrong time of tide but with my wife driving the tinny and putting me on em got about a kilo of prawns. Went down to Krugers rocks for zip, but the hole upstream from the north and south pine junction was holding heaps of smaller bait sized prawns. I only throw my crap net in the pine and a good thing too cause I managed to find a snag near the pontoon at Deep Water Bend.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn 66 View Post
    Bloody yesterday was busy enough at The Bend . I can just imagine what it is going to be like over Easter .
    Shawn
    Thats not Busy!. 40 boats today where I was . Betting on 100 Easter friday.