Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A few prawnies.

Re: A few prawnies.

nice Pero. They are huge.

I forgot to mention,I caught 3 bream all well over 30cm in one cast. I threw the pesky things back in the drink.

Good going Pero,

Like I said to those scoffers , prawns are getting larger . Nice Japonicus, must have escaped from the Jap farm thats up for sale.

Bondy

Coming up to Full moon soon, maybe a bigger tide, will it be a slow or fast one Pero . Bream 30cm, would go good in my 35cm frying pan

Bondy

Good going there Pero. Will have to get out soon and have a hunt around. That tiger is a beauty at 26 cm

Cheers

There were alot of boats on saturday for just a few prawns. It was either you got home with a few or home with nothing.

I only managed one cast and that was it.

With all the rain coming, Looks like it could be a late season.

They were better Sunday Tim. Best cast 15 or so. Still got March,April,May,June.

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    They were better Sunday Tim. Best cast 15 or so. Still got March,April,May,June.
    My one cast got 2kg though

Best cast so far has been 5kg but not by me

G'day lads and ladetts,

Been out and about today and decided to poke around the area where I normally go, seen a few boats and thought, nah, too many working that area so I went to my secret spot..G spot as like to have a scratch there .

Got a few prawnies for my effort,, Here is the pic.

Bondy
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mixed prawnies 6.3.2012.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	77646  

They are quality prawns this year, Bondy. Those look as good as the ones around Russell on the weekend.Did you get just the 2 tigers?

Pero, only 5 tigers, the other 3 were still kicking and buried themselves. Yeah, got to be careful of those rocks around Russel, nearly went swimming there.

We went out on saturday and pulled about 3Kg. One spot only. We went from Redland Bay down to Cabbage Tree Point and back.

Were they good size prawns ?Davo. All the locations have been decent. Reports on Sunday seemed to suggest better catches. I think they are starting to thicken. I got 6kg at Jacksons Sunday and 7kg at Jacobs well yesterday. I saw Bondy lurking early then he disappeared. Must have snuck off to the G-spot. It was blowing a gale yesterday. I was wondering why I bothered going out. Once got onto the prawns the wind seemed more tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    I got 6kg at Jacksons Sunday
    Is that Jackos at nudgee?