Thread: peel donut 11/2/12

peel donut 11/2/12

hi all. well billy t came out with me for a run today. met up with dave dobson and bruce (dundo 1) out there. totally great morning which glassed out. couldn't get a fish tho. tried the west peel arties (twice), ran the ipilot along the nw side of peel, and anchor fished south west rocks - all to no avail. did 12 hours on the water, tried hb's, sp's, sb's (stinky baits). only managed a few throw backs on the stinky stuff at sw rocks. billy had a good biteoff on the drift, but try as we might we couldn't land a decent fish. couldn't land any fish for the first 9 odd hours. dd and bruce (both in their own rigs) came up with a total of 1 sweetie and 1 bream - which was a lot better than us! what was worse was the wind came up in the arvo and wasn't going away. made for a bumpy and wet journey home. luckily, billy t is mad keen and despite the fact we weren't leaving till 10am, he caught a 40cm javelin fish at dohles rocks at 3 in the morning (on his way here). now, thats keen. and well deserved. still, as usual, a great outing on the water with good company and conversation. and the new donk ran an absolute treat too.
    cheers
    davo
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Re: peel donut 11/2/12

Nice day on the water eh Dave. Even with the light clouds it looked like we were on lockness. Saw a dude on house boat with his i pilot sitting over it on turn of high while i was drifting over it but i let him go as even he had nothing there. I shot over to Dunich as a tip off of kingies but nothing them back to east of peel after goat and found busting fish north of peel but hard to find again. Trolled HB for a while but nothing but good shows of bait up there. Come back down north west to see you two pushing up there and wind starting to build. Get a call from daughted and son come off skateboard and hurt his self so off to drop daughter to mates and wait for outcome. Happy to see the new rig and the beers at the ol shed lol. Even my ol girl kept going all day so all in all a good day. Shes still hooked up so will have a look sunday maybe even river. Cheers DD.....PS Davo,s rig and sweety photos and look at chop.Attachment 76859Attachment 76860

Tough weekend for all I think, you get much jellies down peel way?
    cheers, tight lines - mossy

heaps of em
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Woohoo yes mate it was a lil bumpy but i loved the day, maybe no scales in esky but an all great day with great companion, and with DD showing up and bruce it was awesome fishing next to other fisho's...This is what i love about fishing, it doesn't matter wiether you catch anything or not the love and passion for the sport will be with us forever, we just gota find our "MOJO"...
    Thanks davo for an awesome day out on the water mate...

Cheers
    Billy

Fished Peel today for 3 grinners and 1 squire. And Jellyfish, I could have walked across the water on the top of them. Nice morning on the water.

Nice work billy did ya stay out for long mate?

Cheers
    Billy

Quote Originally Posted by BillyT2382 View Post
    Nice work billy did ya stay out for long mate?

Cheers
    Billy
    Only a couple of hours. Packed up about 9am. Might have got better as the tide was coming in.