Thread: Woody point snapper

Woody point snapper

Took ski out for a run this morning. Glass at 6am.

Got nice 41cm bream. Then a 39 cm snapper.

Things went quiet so headed up to margate, nothing. Went for bit of a cruise and ended up back at woody about 9am.

Wasn't long before got nice 45cm snapper.

About 15 mins later I got belted and need up with a 60 cm snapper.

Got couple smaller ones but decided to give it away about 10.30.

Had completely glassed out then and flew back to ramp. At 90 kph, didn't take long, so ended up with nice feed.

Prob head back out in morn. All fish caught on plastics.

Cheers
    Greg

Re: Woody point snapper

Nice one Greg. I was out there today also. Headed to Mud early for no real luck so came back to Woody about 10 i think? Had a couple hits but no luck this time. Had a few drifts down hays for 1 jus legal flatty that went back. Managed a few legal sandies in the traps near the ramp though. 60cm is aripper from Woody too nice work.

Kingcray
    I think best times is couple hours after low tide. Must let that tide start running.

At least still there

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    Kingcray
    I think best times is couple hours after low tide. Must let that tide start running.

At least still there
    Mate i um'd n ah'd for about 20 mins about stayin in close, then my new deckie mate convinced me to head out .Bugger, good to see some still around there though.

seen you out on the ski near the yellow beacon was going to come say hi but you moved down to margate just before i was about to come across we dot 1 and dropped a few others well done on the fish

That's a shame we missed each other. Would have been good to say hi.

I always thought there was a 40 knot speed limit on all vessels operating within smooth water limits.

News to me, but not saying ur not right. I will check that out