Thread: 10-15kg trolling rod

10-15kg trolling rod

After trying to build a SiC guided 10-15kg trolling rod (and failing miserably), I need a new trolling rod before my upcoming fishing adventure top Exmouth.

Looking for 5"6' to 6", no rollers, preferably something that could be used in a pinch for bottom bashing etc. Mailny chasing Mackerel, Wahoo, Mahi Mahi type pelagics.

Been looking at Ugly Stick Bluewater, Daiwa Saltist, Live fibre O/H, but will take any other suggestions. Budget around $200ish, as I will strip the rod I built and mount on a more suitable blank at a later date.

Thanks,
    Ben

Re: 10-15kg trolling rod

All of those rods will do the trick as would a Monser Mesh, Terez or Fin-Nor Offshore 30lb. Go and look at the rods and see what feels best with your chosen reel. I would probably take the Fin-Nor if it was my choice with a smallish overhead
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Oh, I will be running an Okuma Makaira 10 with 30lb mono. Just want to make sure it is more towards a typical "fast action" trolling type rod instead of a parabolic style.

Cheers,
    Ben

have 3 live fibres in the for sale section. all three will suit your application

have a look at the Gary Howard 8-15kg 6' GForce, you won't need to strip it,
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by Aigutso View Post
    have a look at the Gary Howard 8-15kg 6' GForce, you won't need to strip it,
    Thanks Aigutso,I'll check it out.

But I don't want to strip the one I buy, I built one for the trip and I am unhappy. I'll strip that one later to rebuild, but in the meantime I need something to get me by...

Cheers,
    Ben

What went wrong with your build?
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    What went wrong with your build?
    Little Mistake - Boat guides all on backwards (annoys me)

Big Mistake - Bad blank choice (I won't say more than that)

I am not happy with it, and I don't want to use it. I'll pull the guides and the reel seat of and reuse. Be some good practice for repair work.

Cheers,
    Ben