Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $4000 fine

$4000 fine

Re: $4000 fine

Good, they deserve it.

personally I think they got off a bit lightly!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serenity!

44 snapper that has a bag limit of 5 I recon they got of lightly as well.
    Cheers Axl

There obviously not fishermen but thieves..to take that many out of the water, why couldn't they just take a feed then go back the next day to catch another feed...ridiculous how some ppl think that it is there right to do this...
    I don't know what the government is thinking let them off this lightly...

that's a smidgin over $100/fish fine and just a slap on the wrist, these idiots should have had the book thrown at them and all gear confiscated and made the property of the crown. the fact that they resisted inspection and then injured an officer should add to their penalty.

Either extremely greedy or shamateurs selling their catch.

To exceed to limit by that much a fine double or triple what they got would have been more appropriate IMO.

Good to see the inspector standing his ground - they were lucky not to be charged with assault as well as obstruction etc.

They do genuine fisherman no favours at all and just cast a bad light.
    Cheers

Trev

Seize the boat.... as well as fine per fish.
    There are only two moments in time.... There's now, and there's too late.

There is more to it they actually drove off and where caught trying to discard the fish in the bush.

not that i'm an accountant or anything but where's the other grand. heading says $4000 and text says $3000. must have been for his mate or perhaps new government levy?
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

it's a new gillard government initiative called fine tax .....................

Nothing FINE about these new taxes Paddles - they are all GROSS
    Cheers

Trev

What a pi$$y fine... No wonder fisheries has no money !!
    He should have lost his vehicle, boat, fishing gear etc.... Then charged with assault, if they did that to a cop they would be behind bars.
    If Fisheries are going to do there job properly the laws need to be changed to deter the scum, at the moment the scum are laughing there ass's off.
    44 fish is a large catch, makes you wonder how many fish these idiots take over a year.

Just out of curiosity, for comparison, what would the fine be for flares that are out of date? Or something thay anyone could be caught for something that was "easily overlooked" honest mistake.

I am guessing there was 2 prople involved? $3000 for the main person (boat owner) and $1000 for his mate???

I agree, this does seem very light. This is someone intending to break the law.
    Probably only deduct his centerlink payments by $20/wk to pay it off anyway......
    LOL

With out a doubt - the best deterrent when so blatant is to take away the means by which they committed the offence.

Sets a good example to others considering or already doing the same.
    Cheers

Trev