Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $4000 fine

Re: $4000 fine

So all you blokes for his boat and car being confiscated, what happens if it was his mates boat he was borrowing and his dad's car? (and they have no knowledge of his offences)
    Why should they be implicated in someone elses punishment?
    They can just get another boat or car the next day.. Larger fines or maybe marine license disqualification are needed and put the money back into policing the current regs so they actually think they may be caught with more officers on the water doing regular inspections.

I don't know if I can say to much. But the officer involved just boarded my boat. Apparently that was the deckie. The skipper of the boat is due to appear in court and they are looking for a lot bigger fine.

I heard the skipper has been to court a couple of weeks ago and we are just waiting for the press release to come out. He got quite a few fines of a couple of thousand each.

I am very interested to hear if there is any update to this. The guy obviously knew he was in the wrong and he tried to get away and ditch the evidence.
    I totally agree he should receive some very harsh penalties, as a deterrent to all. Does anyone know the final outcome? I would be happy to see more of a patrol officer's presence to stop this guy and others like him. Imagine if he is an unofficial pro fisher, who does this 4 or 5 times a week.