Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: KAP ( Katter's Australia Party ) policy.

Exclamation KAP ( Katter's Australia Party ) policy.

KATTER’S AUSTRALIAN PARTY

3/138 Buchanan Road | PO Box 386 | Banyo Qld 4014 | P: 07 3267 7799 | F: 07 3267 0650 | E: myausparty@ausparty.org.au

1. The Queensland Fish and Wildlife Authority

The charter of the Queensland Fish and Wildlife Authority will be to promote and facilitate safe and sustainable fish and wildlife activities throughout the State. The Authority will:

 Re-establish and manage a licensed duck hunting season in the State.

 Establish a system of using licensed and accredited shooters to provide humane feral pest culling and control on government lands where it is safe and appropriate to do so. The overriding objective of the program will be to avoid the use of poisoning programs wherever possible and ensure government lands are not used to provide uncontrolled breeding areas for disease carrying feral pests. Active protection of native flora and fauna will be central to the program’s ethos.

 Support private organisations with objectives consistent with the Authority’s charter.

 Avoid government-funded culling or eradication programs if volunteer networks can be more cost effectively deployed.

 Support a wild venison industry.

 Support export of wild game products.

 Promote fish and wildlife tourism.

 Establish and promote “Net Free” or “Recreational Only” fishing areas around all large cities and towns on the coast, and smaller communities if desired.

 Manage tailor, Australian salmon and all trevally species as recreational-only fishing.

 Develop freshwater fisheries to a higher standard in order to grow regional tourism.

 Remove existing green zones where there is no evidence-based justification for their existence.

 Implement and promote a “one line one hook” fishing policy in remaining green zones and marine parks where there is no threat to biodiversity.

Initial staff recruiting for the newly created Authority will be sourced from existing Queensland public servants. This will provide new career opportunities for public servants with a genuine passion for fish and wildlife activities, whilst ensuring no additional wage burden for the people of Queensland.

Upon forming government, the KAP will undertake a survey of available Queensland government office space and a final decision will be made on the physical location of the authority based on relevant proximity to key stakeholders, proximity to managed resources, overall benefit to a particular community and the consideration of best value for the Queensland tax payer.

A legislative review team will be established to identify required amendments to existing Queensland legislation and changes to other departmental jurisdictions to ensure the free and effective functioning of the Authority.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: KAP ( Katter's Australia Party ) policy.

^^^^^^ Right there is a fantastic reason for Katter to hold the balance of power over a minority government.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    KATTER’S AUSTRALIAN PARTY

 Implement and promote a “one line one hook” fishing policy in remaining green zones and marine parks where there is no threat to biodiversity.

LP
    Glad to see Katter's mob are listening to anglers. That same piece of policy was also State LNP policy from 28 Feb 2009 right up until March 2011 when Campbel disolved all the LNP policies so he could start afresh. If the LNP drop "1 rod for rec anglers in green zones" from the new 2012 LNP policy (whenever that is released) it will be backwards step and a slap in the face for Qld anglers, plus a cause for celebration amongst the Greens.

28 Feb 2009, LNP letter to fishing tackle industry
    The LNP will:1. Increase compensation to be paid to commercial fishers from $15M to $20M.
    2. Keep all proposed zones in place while an LNP Government conducts a full independent scientific analysis of the basis of zonings.
    3. Provide $3m for the study, to be completed within 12 months.
    4. In the interim, limited fishing by recreational fishers would be authorised within zones on the following basis: a. Allow recreational fishing only with one line in ALL green zones. b. No change to the proposed two lines in ALL yellow zones.

I'm still not sure on Katter and his party, though everytime I hear him talk on fishing and outdoors related activities, it's like a breath of fresh, rational air. I'm starting to really like the idea of Katter holding the balance of power....
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

%€¥><#&@& politics,
    What happend about good fishing and boating ,BBQ and beer info.

Sick of personel political ideas on ausfish, ..

Well don't read it if it has a political heading then jakers69, just bury you head in the sand and pretend life will get better if you don't bother to do anything about it!
    This party holds a glimmer of hope for those who like to hunt, fish and enjoy the outdoors. Not sit in cafes sipping lattes, watching wildlife documentaries on tv and voting green!

Katters got my vote.

Louis

Rest my case, out fishing tommorow morning.

ALP will screw me ..... LNP will screw me ....... Bob will probably screw me after all he is a pollie ......... but at least after bob show me his lovin i'll still be able to go fishin without having to worry about 50 million rules some desk jockey thought up in his lunch break.

BigE

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    ALP will screw me ..... LNP will screw me ....... Bob will probably screw me after all he is a pollie ......... but at least after bob show me his lovin i'll still be able to go fishin without having to worry about 50 million rules some desk jockey thought up in his lunch break.

BigE
    Bugger ya , I just spat me bloody coffee all over the laptop .
    Shawn

You will do alot worse than Bob Katter alot worse......He hasn't lasted this long politically because of his Stetson or Akubra.....sensible head ware.....he is consistently re-elected in his seat.......he means what he says (No Bullshite)......his Father was the same......He's got my Vote.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    ^^^^^^ Right there is a fantastic reason for Katter to hold the balance of power over a minority government.
    "Right" being the correct word. A little to far to the right for me..

I do like some of his policies though.

I am still waiting for Bob to walk backwards from Burke.

He has scored well with me von this policy. It is the remainder that will win my vote. Given the poor quality of both major parties at the moment I would not mind a hung parliment with Bob and a few independants supporting a LNP government
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

KAP is the only party making any of the noises that i like to hear. then again pollies are big on promises at this time of year. I know I'll never vote labour again in my lifetime so that only leave the rest which is not much to choose from. as in my previous post at least Bob wants to let me go fishing and that dont sound to bad to me. was keen on LNP but policy seems to be turning to spin lately.

BigE