Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: KAP ( Katter's Australia Party ) policy.

Re: KAP ( Katter's Australia Party ) policy.

Hey has anyone noticed all of Katter's advertisments and flyers are marked "authorised by Luke Shaw"....................yes that's him, the one and only.

Adverts are a bit of an "own goal" IMO. What was suppossed to be an attack on "Can Do" has ended up backfiring. Considering Katter has always maintained the gay issue was a "non event" it is strange he has gone with this campaign. I thought Labor was doing enough mud slinging at Newman for everyone and he would have benifited by staying out of the gutter. Oh well! It may have got the party plenty of airtime but I don't personally think it was smart politics.

As to "Luke Shaw"...he was "outed" in the courier mail 3 months ago as the "joh's jury" guy.....no news here.

Bob has certainly fired up the gay lobby....they were never going to vote for him anyway but they do have friends within the media and have come at the party like a pack of wolves. Be interesting to see how it plays out in the long run. "No such thing as bad publicity"?....hmmm! Not so sure.

I feel for our local candidate.......nice lady who has been a very hardworking and moderate voice during the campaign and has stayed well clear of attacking anyone and talking up the issues.

Gotta hand it to the bloke, the advert hit every mark the party wanted it to, from being able to defend it as solely an attack on the LNP/newman to the understanding that it was always as well an attack on the current wider political ideology of gay expectations....i just cannot bring myself to say 'rights' otherwise it opens up a massive further socially engineered arena of rights in human behaviors.....but hey i don't have a real voice anyway.

Dead right those that offered threats and abuse as a result of the advert would never have voted for Katter anyway...probably vote for the bobble head in the advert.

I do love to see such psychologically targeted advertisements...put the party in the face of a gross number of new now more probable voters and didn't loose a single one from those who got politically 'shocked'.

A master stroke in party advertising.... a political leaf taken directly out of the greens and getup/environmentalist type lobbyists behavior....the harder left in general.

good enough for the goose.... good enough for the gander.

Ain't this a great election with all of its twists and turns?

It started out to be a boring old affair but, now, every day throws up a new dilemma for someone.

Not so sure FNQ. I think it was a mistake...then again, as in life, nice guys come last.

I would hope, personally, that the gay issue was not a vote winner either way. We have far bigger fish to fry, particularly relating to economic and employment issues.

The greens are the party of the gay lobby...leave them too it and leave them marginalised. It is an important issue only to the 7% odd (no pun intended) of the population who are full on out of the closet.

I just don't think Katter should even go there, however, the cunning old bugger certainly got some airplay.

I think he should stick to his strenghts. Personal freedoms, re-regulation of some industry and banking systems and food security. Enough in those messages to reach a pretty big block of voters without "poofter bashing".

KC

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Gotta hand it to the bloke, the advert hit every mark the party wanted it to, from being able to defend it as solely an attack on the LNP/newman to the understanding that it was always as well an attack on the current wider political ideology of gay expectations....i just cannot bring myself to say 'rights' otherwise it opens up a massive further socially engineered arena of rights in human behaviors.....but hey i don't have a real voice anyway.

Dead right those that offered threats and abuse as a result of the advert would never have voted for Katter anyway...probably vote for the bobble head in the advert.

I do love to see such psychologically targeted advertisements...put the party in the face of a gross number of new now more probable voters and didn't loose a single one from those who got politically 'shocked'.

A master stroke in party advertising.... a political leaf taken directly out of the greens and getup/environmentalist type lobbyists behavior....the harder left in general.

good enough for the goose.... good enough for the gander.
    Yeah, sounds like there is more to come, have a read here: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...313-1uy70.html

More bloody attack adds. What is it with the state of politics these days? Newman is coming across more and more a decent guy by not fighting back in the gutter. Hope he has a thumping victory so as to show that being decent can work! The way he responded when Bligh admitted (Channel 10 news) she had no evidence of any wrong doing, just inuendo was a credit to him.

KC

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Gotta hand it to the bloke, the advert hit every mark the party wanted it to,

A master stroke in party advertising.... .
    Spot on FNQ, Spend a 10 grand on a few controversial adds and get millions of $$$ worth of free advertising. Just like when they stuffed up the party's registed abbriviated name, they were never going to win the court case or the appeal, but they sure did get on every news bulletin and front page for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by kc View Post
    More bloody attack adds. What is it with the state of politics these days? Newman is coming across more and more a decent guy by not fighting back in the gutter. Hope he has a thumping victory so as to show that being decent can work! The way he responded when Bligh admitted (Channel 10 news) she had no evidence of any wrong doing, just inuendo was a credit to him.

KC
    Do you know the CMC requested all the paper work on the $72,000 Campbell got from the developer over a week ago don't you. It came out earlier in the week they're already looking into it.
    And if the adds weren't factual they couldn't show them, I'm not saying what Campbell did was illegal and neither does the adds, just that it happened, they were all in the news papers and the add quotes which papers and when. Also if they weren't factual the LNP would take out in injunction (which your decent guy did look into).

Quote Originally Posted by kc View Post
    It is an important issue only to the 7% odd (no pun intended) of the population who are full on out of the closet.

KC
    I think at this stage every party would kill for another 7%

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    I think at this stage every party would kill for another 7%

I think there is probably going to be far more than 7% of the voting population out there that don't support gay marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbo59 View Post
    I think there is probably going to be far more than 7% of the voting population out there that don't support gay marriage.
    do you think there are that many bigots around? pretty sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    do you think there are that many bigots around? pretty sad really.
    Opinions are like arseholes , everyone has one, just like this forum.

well takes one to know one hey Tumbo as they say...
    Tangles KFC

I think it has more to do with trying to get the religous/church vote. Don't underestimate the power (votes) or money that can be potentially gained from that. I don't agree with the advertisement, in fact, I'm pretty disappointed in the KAP for going through with it...but....
    They got some serious media/gossip time from it, and the hardcore conservative types have got someone out in public declaring where they stand, right or wrong (don't underestimate it)!
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbo59 View Post
    Of course, but that's not what KC said was it.