Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: KAP ( Katter's Australia Party ) policy.

Re: KAP ( Katter's Australia Party ) policy.

I see Bob lost the court case.....pity. It will cost him seriuos votes. One thing experience tells me is that even if you don't get "up" the percentage you poll. i.e. quantifying the disaffected and people prepared to change their vote as a consequence of specific policies, is a giant reality check for the majors. I remember posting here years ago....maybe 2006, (after pictures appeared in our papers of both Bush and Kerry having photo ops with the "good old boys" out hunting, guns in hand) that one day, the "fishing vote" would be so important, that both sides of the fence would have the obligitory "photo op" with fishos at every election. Low and behond the front page of the courier mail this week (was it Monday?)....Anna, in a tinny, with a fishing rod in hand. Can Do's "photo op" must still be to come. But mark my words....IT WILL!!

My personal opinion, if you want to really stir the pot. Vote one for KAP and then vote 2 for the candidate you would expect will form the government you and think will do the best job. It is a "Bob" (pun intended) each way. Most likely outcome.....an LNP Government....and a Government which will know Katters party pressed some seriuos buttons in the electorate....other outcome...a Katter party candidate gets up in your electorate...and then both sides know he is dead &#$& seriuos and they need to get with the program and understand why people are voting for a 3rd alternative.
    I take a view that one of the big 2 will win and our vote, personally, isn't going to effect the outcome.....so why not use it to maximum effect as a fisho. A vote for KAP is the most obviuos opportunity to say....I've got the sh!ts with both sides and wish one of you bast$#s would listen. I'm part of the organisers of a big trailer boat ralley here on Saturday in respect of getting better boat ramps. We will have at least 100 boats in convoy, and after lots of lead up work the pollies are all over "us". Protests work, especially at election time. Katter will be at our ralley, along with ALP and LNP and Council. Your vote is the easiest protest you can ever be part of......don't waste the one chance you get in 4 years. We actually get a chance to protest...without having to give up work, grow dreadlocks and smoke pot =)

Go one, do something radical =)

Kev

how to win friends and influence people should be required reading
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

3 years Kev..not 4.

holy crap..I wish I had enough hair to grow dreads...but kc..that growing hair and smoking dope is old..need a new rebellious issue.

how about t shirts printed with:

I HAD AN AFFAIR WITH ANNA
    or
    I RANG THE CAMP BELL
    or
    IF I MARRY BOB'S BROTHER WILL BOB ACCEPT ME AS HIS BROTHER IN LAW

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    This is news to me Mike, but I am aware that NSW LNP have backed down over the Ethanol mandate. A search of the QLD LNP site shows no hits at all for the word Ethanol.
    Smoke and mirrors from the NSW gov Lovey, yes Barry O'Farrell removed the banning of unleaded that was due to come in this July, but he didn't alter the mandated 6% ethanol across all fuels sold in NSW. He comes out as the good guy but motorists & boaties still loose unleaded because to reach the 6% target accross all fuel sales (inc desiel), fuel companies have to ditch std unleaded and force E10 on everyone. Also keeps Manildra happy (the monopoly ethanol supplier in Australia), they have donated big bucks to both Labor and the Coalition in NSW.
    From "The Age" Jan 31 2012
    Already the oil companies are accusing O'Farrell of sleight of hand in today's decision — they argue that enforcing the ethanol mandate will give them no option but to turn all regular unleaded into E10 in NSW to achieve the 6 per cent target of all fuel sold.
    In other words, despite today's decision, regular unleaded fuel will still disappear from the bowser and those 750,000 motorists whose cars are incompatible with ethanol blends will be forced to pay more for premium fuel.

The fact that the word "Ethanol" doesn't appear at all on the LNP web site (same as Qld Labor) should be a clear indication nothing will change and it will be full steam ahead with E10 and phasing out Std unleaded after the election. Why else would the monopily supplier of ethanol donate $290.000 to the ALP and also $336,000 to the Coalition in 2010/11 (the last year reported to the AEC). It's not an issue for them as both parties are on the same page as far as ethanol is concerned and I'm sure they'd love it if we (public) just forgot all about. It will be interesting to see what they gave Katters Party when those donations are reported later in the year.

^ This. The only people Barry fooled with this slight of hand are those with little more than a passing interest.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by preso View Post
    Interesting read. A small point to remember is that we are all on this site due to our love of fishing, camping, 4 wheel driving etc. Not our interest in gay unions, immigration policy or CSG etc.
    Vote accordingly.
    Cheers Preso.
    Yes we are all on this site because of fishing etc. These are all (as you mention them) individual liberties/rights. But they are never ever "Rights" in Australia because we don't have a defined Bill of Rights in Australia and certain "rights" are only ever "implied" in the constitution. You can't fight for individual Liberty and do it half arsed. It has to be 100% individual Liberty or nothing. If you don't, your integrity goes out the window. So IMO a golden rule should be brought into politics..... Does this law or right that we are about to enact, impinge or impede anyone else's life/Liberty/freedom? If the answer is no, then no other group or individual should (even by weight of numbers in a vote) have the right to impinge on that.

KC, as a supporter of direct democracy (as opposed to the representative democracy we have now, even though I would be happy with a direct democracy still tied to the Monarchy) I am a little disappointed with the court decision. Having said that, i would hope that enough people are voting for Katter because they are so disgusted with the alternatives that they could distinguish (after the media that will follow the court decision) who is who in the Zoo! Having said that also, there are a few policies of KAP that are totally deplorable. What if enough people voted for them that they either won power and or held enough balance of power that they managed to get their idiotic Ethanol, distort markets, intrude into your bedroom, policies through to legislation???? These political C0cks take every bit of power they get as a mandate!

Mike, thanks for the filler..... I didn't dig any deeper into the NSW LNP back flip because it really doesn't effect me. Just because they even contemplated it put them into the "lesser of two evils" category for me because fundamentally NSW Labor needed to go for a good couple of decades. Please don't get me wrong, NSW LNP is not the be all and end all of political leadership for me.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Hi nagg way back there re the on land aboriginals...........I suspect that me living in the same fed elctorate I get to hear more of relevance + I have other closer means of obtaining said info (not from Katter or anyone affilaiated either) just within a certain industry anyway Katter is widely recognized ( if one minuses the urban aboriginal activists from the equation) as the only hope the true aboriginals have to be treated fairly...no one else on the face of australia fights for them and theirs in true unselfish regard but Katter...actually he astounds me in this because there are effectivly no good majority of votes in it....votes lost most probably if the media ran with it, yet he does and he actually represents for them what they want him to not what he wants them....astounding in this day and age such basic character from any politician.

anyway wider on katter it's all guff in a society as sophisticated as our is....without direct personal or emotional gain a politicians policy cannot exist...I like how Katter is the only one bucking this psychological type.

On fishing he follows he fishermans needs.
    On basic lost freedoms he follows the peoples needs
    On ethanol he follows the sugar growers needs
    On farmers he follows the farmers needs
    On aboriginals he follows the aboriginals needs
    On AGW he follows the peoples needs
    On environmental zealotry he follows the people's needs.
    On the environment he follows the environments needs
    etc
    etc
    The people actually always did know best as shocking as that sounds today.
    Don't think there has been a politician at this level and with this depth of character for since around the second world war??

I dunno if I will vote for him federally yet but state I probably will do exactly what KC mentions above vote1 katter 2 LNP? 3etc whoever 'might' do the least damage if they see any power...this is the hardest bit imo.

& as an aside I talked to our Katter candidate today about ethanol. She was already very well versed, knew about the phase seperation issue and the water absorbtion and even knew about its corrosive properties in fibreglass fuel tank.....must say, pleasantly impressed.

She assures me KAP is reviewing its overall position on ethanol and will make a definative statement in respect of the need for the marine industry to have continued access to regular fuels. How they do this, I don't know and not up to me but suffice to say they are up to speed with it. I am sure we will get a typical no BS comment from Bob soon.

KC

I’m physic, there’s "Can do, right on cue", having the photo op today with the boaties =)

All because, a few short years ago, "we" made the fishing vote count.

Hey KC,
    do you remember what I told you 3 months ago about a preference deal....

remind me!! Something about ashgrove, or was it Beaudesert?

I forget....which is part of growing old and having too many balls up in the air at once.

KC

PS : An old guy walks into a bar and after a while fronts up to this good sort and says......so...tell me.....do I come here often =)

Quote Originally Posted by kc View Post
    remind me!! Something about ashgrove, or was it Beaudesert?
    Before Xmas I told you there will be a deal between Katter's mob and Labor to preference each other in Beaudesert (McLindon) and Ashgrove (Jones), old mates from Qld youth parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by STUIE63 View Post
    how to win friends and influence people should be required reading
    I think he has read that..vote against the pokies legislation and the pokie kings throw money at ya.

We probably don't get the frequency of political adds as the SEQ feed lots do but anyone seen Katters Advert? There might be others but I have only ran across one so far.

Saw also that John singleton has given Katter some good funds as has Packer and someone else rich and interesting forget who? pinhead possibly??

Good ol PH, second only to big Clive as the richest QLDer eh.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent