Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: KAP ( Katter's Australia Party ) policy.

Re: KAP ( Katter's Australia Party ) policy.

Yeah smacks to me, first they didn't want to allow the aus party because it was too close to the others and now that the brand has a footing as 'not so much of a micro party' they now want the Katter reference removed.......love living in an officially un-corrupt county...'officially' of coarse lol

I have, due to variuos reasons, been off this site for a while but nice to see here, what I am hearing everywhere I go. Some very positive comments about KAP that might not show yet in opinion pollls but will in the ballot box. Nobody gave Hanson a chance of winning a seat. Katter will win plenty, particularly if he gets the "Katter's Australia Party" on the ballot paper, and less if he doesn't. I have been on the "inside" for some months, and our local candidate is a star who may well win the seat of Whitsunday. The "beauty" with the party is that it will attract 2nd preferences for both sides. Any electorate which does not secure 50% outright for either of the big 2 is in danger of falling to KAP on preferences. I would love to see a significant 3rd force in politics. Even if they don't hold balance of power the winner will be forced, just be the threat of voter reaction, to accept some of their agenda. A balance of power would be the ideal. Bob has shown in the federal parliment that neither "side" has a monopoly on good policy and has voted both for and against the government, depending on the policy. Bob will announce a major and radical "fix tourism policy" in the next week or so, indicative that he is both listening and prepared to think outside the square. Clearly, there is, and has to be, more to life than just fishing but by any meassure, fishing/shooting/personal freedom issues have been under threat for years and he is the ONLY politician of note to both make a stand and have a chance of actually making a seriuos difference. Our little "The Fishing Party (Qld)" experiment made a point, but KAP can actually serve it up to the old 2 party system. Bob Katter is NOT Pauline Hanson. He is a political heavyweight with professional backing and media smarts. I can't wait for election night...."Can do" is losing some bark over his family business and any anti Labor leakage only has one place to go. Our local LNP candidate spent last weeks media cycle bagging the KAP candidate.....a good sign!

KC

Kc, a significant 3rd party would have candidates in all seats irrespective of their policies....aint one in Redlands, an electorate that includes a lot of Moreton Bay..
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by Triple View Post
    Just heard that the electoral commission don't want to allow the name " Katters Australian Party" on the ballot papers but want it to be "The Australian Party" which is very similar to "The Australian labor Party". KAP are looking into the legal aspect of it now. Seems if people aren't careful thay may tick the wrong box
    http://www.ecq.qld.gov.au/elections/...andidates.html

Make sure which box is which when you vote.
    It doesn't say too much about those who may vote for KAP ........ If you have to worry about the difference between the name "Katters Australian Party" or "The Australian Party " ...... If people dont take the time to know who they are voting for or care enough - so be it!!!!
    There will be party members at the polling stations handing out flyers anyway ....... all with a photo of Bob Katters hat & smiling face on it .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

It doesn't say too much about those who may vote for KAP ........ If you have to worry about the difference between the name "Katters Australian Party" or "The Australian Party " ...... If people dont take the time to know who they are voting for or care enough - so be it!!!!
    There will be party members at the polling stations handing out flyers anyway ....... all with a photo of Bob Katters hat & smiling face on it
    I am sure it would be the Labour Party in court if the Australia Party was above the Australian Labour Party on the ballot paper.

As for the fliers, well I am going to have to wear my reading glasses to make sure that I maake the right choice.

I am also sure that there will be some older voters who will have difficulty making the distinction unless this is resolved.

Kc, a significant 3rd party would have candidates in all seats irrespective of their policies....aint one in Redlands, an electorate that includes a lot of Moreton Bay..
    Considering that the Aus Party has only been around for about 12 months, it is a fantastic effort to have 76 candidates up and running for this election. Given a little more time I am sure they would have had candidates running in all electorates.

It would be ideal to have candidates in every electorate but I am aware that the selection process was pretty intense and the party has not selected candidates just to "fill the numbers". One of Hanson's undoings was some of the idiots who ended up candidates. It's relatively easy for the major parties to get candidates as they all have a chance at winning, far more chance than a minor party. Anyone prepared to have a go, on a hiding to nothing, and stand on principles deserves support. The greens run just to get the election money with NO chance of winniing a seat. Katter is running and will win seats and has not just chased dollars by standing in every electorate. Once again, principles before politics.

As to voters knowing the difference between Katters party and the Australia party, Chris, with respect, you give the average voter too much credit. Most of them will never have even heard of "the australia party", but almost all of them will have heard and know of Bob Katter. If you think it will make no difference, I think you are dead wrong!

Regards

KC

"It doesn't say too much about those who may vote for KAP"

Yes katters electorate and the upper state proper has a large sum of non urban abroiginals the katter brand actually matters this time if they are to have a say, could be argued their first ever say in any state election ever all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by kc View Post
    As to voters knowing the difference between Katters party and the Australia party, Chris, with respect, you give the average voter too much credit. Most of them will never have even heard of "the australia party", but almost all of them will have heard and know of Bob Katter. If you think it will make no difference, I think you are dead wrong!

Regards

KC
    Come on KC ....... the average voter (if they really care) will know the difference. ...... be it someone from the middle east , asia or regional Qld.
    The ballot paper will not have a photo of Bob Katter on it - or anyone else , will it ? .... so if someone cannot read , it wont make a difference - will it ?
    The mention of the aboriginal vote making a difference ..... and then being influenced by not having BK's name on the party amuses me ........ So the Qld Indigenous population have the political savvy to know what a difference Katter might make but yet are too illiterate to know the party and their name ..... sorry that makes me chuckle! ........
    The only thing that ever gives one party a (slight) advantage is the position on the ballot paper (donkey vote).

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    The mention of the aboriginal vote making a difference ..... and then being influenced by not having BK's name on the party amuses me ........ So the Qld Indigenous population have the political savvy to know what a difference Katter might make but yet are too illiterate to know the party and their name ..... sorry that makes me chuckle! ........
    The only thing that ever gives one party a (slight) advantage is the position on the ballot paper (donkey vote).

Chris
    Trouble with your para above is it shows true ignorance of base reality...a provincial level of personal depth, best to respect these boundary's IMO because the risk of advertising ones self as nothing more than your own planet and satellite with all neon flashing arrows pointing at all times at back at yourself..sorry!, the aboriginal activists depicted on TV do not at any level reflect the ones living their life on land and being considered here.

anyway outside of the above grass roots on the ground wider understanding necessary the game is politics and politics is as politics does, any advantage is an advantage if believed to be....it doesn't care if....or often ever know the advantage made a difference,,,that's not the point...it's just part and parcel of the game and Katter is the master of this game bar none.

The KAP is going to amaze many, mostly only those that didn't care or bother to build a deeper knowledge of them about them already.... still I to cannot wait for this election...probably the first one ever i can truly bsay that about.

A take no common political drivel , strutting, loud and un-selloutable cat set amongst the painted pigeons..giddy up!

Oi Tumbo ,
    I may have missed it , however , can you please tell us in which seat you are standing ?
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Trouble with your para above is it shows true ignorance of base reality...a provincial level of personal depth, best to respect these boundary's IMO because the risk of advertising ones self as nothing more than your own planet and satellite with all neon flashing arrows pointing at all times at back at yourself..sorry!, the aboriginal activists depicted on TV do not at any level reflect the ones living their life on land and being considered here.

anyway outside of the above grass roots on the ground wider understanding necessary the game is politics and politics is as politics does, any advantage is an advantage if believed to be....it doesn't care if....or often ever know the advantage made a difference,,,that's not the point...it's just part and parcel of the game and Katter is the master of this game bar none.

The KAP is going to amaze many, mostly only those that didn't care or bother to build a deeper knowledge of them about them already.... still I to cannot wait for this election...probably the first one ever i can truly bsay that about.

A take no common political drivel , strutting, loud and un-selloutable cat set amongst the painted pigeons..giddy up!
    I am talking about the indigenous people living in rural communities ....... Seisa , Palm Is , Weipa etc etc - not the ones we see on TV .
    Hell - Would they really know who Bob Katter was anyway - or even care ? . I wouldn't have a clue but I would doubt that it would make 1 iota of a difference to their vote ....... if they even choose to vote! whether it had Katters name or not (we can only guess !!)

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

[QUOTE]Oi Tumbo ,
    I may have missed it , however , can you please tell us in which seat you are standing ?
    Shawn QUOTE]

Hi Shawn,,

Peter Pyke is running for the Aus Party in my electorate.

I have absolutely nothing to do with the Aus Party.

However, I did take the time and effort to thoroughly research eachy party and their candidate running in my electorate to see which one supported my interests best. Considering my interests are hunting, fishing, camping, boating and 4WDing it was no brainer at all to work out that the Aus party was by far the best choice for me.

I also researched thoroughly what each party offered the State and concluded:

ALP: On past record, dont piss on any of them to put them out when burning.

WaterMellons(Red on the inside, green on the outside): No fisho with half a brain would vote for them.

LNP: Once the election is over will carry on where Labour left off and shaft fisho's. Might be different if the old National party was still around but the current LNP will roll over us Fisho's just like they did to shooters.

SUQ was present in the public gallery at parliament house to watch the vote on the Weapons Amendment Bill last Tuesday. We had earlier been in touch with one of the Independents and several other politicians. Both the Katter's Australian Party representatives in parliament came up to have a chat on a couple of occasions. All of those we were in contact with on the issue were asked about calling for a division when it came time for a vote and all agreed.
    To explain, as a general rule, when a vote is taken in Parliament, it's by show of hands and it's so quick that nobody knows who voted for what. When a division is called, the vote is taken much more graphically. If the bill is presented by the government, those who wish to vote FOR the bill cross the floor to the government's side of the House. Those who wish to vote AGAINST the bill cross the floor to the opposition's side of the House. If there are 5 or more to vote against the bill, the names are recorded in Handsard. This is the process that occurred when the Weapons Act was originally voted in and when registration was voted for as well. On that occasion (1996), the only one who voted against the bill was Liz Cunningham.
    Last Tuesday, there were six who voted against the bill: the Independents Liz Cunningham, Dorothy Pratt, Rob Messenger and Chris Foley and the two Katter's Australian Party members Aiden McLindon and Shane Knuth.
    Whilst some of the opposition spoke during the debate, ALL of them crossed the floor to vote with the government - again! Only those six stood up for shooters.
    Of the debate on the individual clauses that followed in the evening, there was only one item where a division was called again. This was on the penalty for theatrical ordance suppliers without a licence. Your local high school production could very well be in breach of this clause, if they use "replica" firearms in their production and they don't have a theatrical ordnance supplier with a licence to supply the replicas. Yes, really!
    Remember the names of those who voted against this atrocious piece of legislation. They are the only ones we as shooters, can rely on to stand up for us. The rest of the parliament let us down. You can read the whole transcript of the debate in Handsard. Follow the link below and access the record for Tuesday 15th November.
    http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/en/work-of-assembly/hansard
    Happy reading!
    Katters Aus Party: Well if we get enough members voted in to controll the balance of power it will, stop the introduction stupid unnecessar leglislation like from the ALP in the past, then perhaps the State of Queensland will have a big win for the first time in many years.

The important thing is to research, research and research, dont just vote for a candidate because or party because you have done so for years, or you like their coloured flyier etc.

[QUOTE=Tumbo59;1360194]
    Oi Tumbo ,
    Shawn QUOTE]

Hi Shawn,,

Peter Pyke is running for the Aus Party in my electorate.

I have absolutely nothing to do with the Aus Party.

However, I did take the time and effort to thoroughly research eachy party and their candidate running in my electorate to see which one supported my interests best. Considering my interests are hunting, fishing, camping, boating and 4WDing it was no brainer at all to work out that the Aus party was by far the best choice for me.

I also researched thoroughly what each party offered the State and concluded:

ALP: On past record, dont piss on any of them to put them out when burning.

WaterMellons(Red on the inside, green on the outside): No fisho with half a brain would vote for them.

LNP: Once the election is over will carry on where Labour left off and shaft fisho's. Might be different if the old National party was still around but the current LNP will roll over us Fisho's just like they did to shooters.

Katters Aus Party: Well if we get enough members voted in to controll the balance of power it will, stop the introduction stupid unnecessar leglislation like from the ALP in the past, then perhaps the State of Queensland will have a big win for the first time in many years.

The important thing is to research, research and research, dont just vote for a candidate because or party because you have done so for years, or you like their coloured flyier etc.
    No problems mate , thanks for the clarification . I was somehow under the impression you were intending to run . Oh well would not be the first time I have been mistaken .
    Shawn

Around a year ago to date (how time flies !) Mark Robinson along with the then LNP fisheries minister introduced a disallowance motion to parliment against Snapper Bans and snapper fees.

Every Labour Party member voted against the disallowance motion and to keep the Snapper bans in place, every LNP member supported the disallowance motion.

Liz and Shane from memory supported the disallowance motion as well, not sure where the others were.

I'd like to think the LNP had some influence in dropping the proposed $90 Snapper fee during this period.

Whilst I like Katters Fishing Policy for me the LNP have the runs on the board in opposition and I eagerly await to see if there mentality / vision for Rec fishing in QLD has changed in the last 12 months when they release the LNP Fishing Policy

Hi Chris,

There are some pretty experienced heavy hitters in Katters corner who think it is vital to have the Katter brand on the ballot paper and they are going to as lot of trouble before the courts to try to get it there. With respect, I still think your position that it makes no difference is dead wrong and the majority of experienced political experts would not support your position.

I have manned enough polling booths and witnessed first hand how disconnected from politics a lot of people are. Without the Katter name on the ballot paper it will have a dramatic impact on their vote. They know it and are fighting tooth and nail to get the name on the ballot. I think this speaks for itself.

KC