Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: KAP ( Katter's Australia Party ) policy.

Re: KAP ( Katter's Australia Party ) policy.

Personally I believe that the LNP will stab fisho's in the back just like they did to shooters!!

SUQ was present in the public gallery at parliament house to watch the vote on the Weapons Amendment Bill last Tuesday. We had earlier been in touch with one of the Independents and several other politicians. Both the Katter's Australian Party representatives in parliament came up to have a chat on a couple of occasions. All of those we were in contact with on the issue were asked about calling for a division when it came time for a vote and all agreed.
    To explain, as a general rule, when a vote is taken in Parliament, it's by show of hands and it's so quick that nobody knows who voted for what. When a division is called, the vote is taken much more graphically. If the bill is presented by the government, those who wish to vote FOR the bill cross the floor to the government's side of the House. Those who wish to vote AGAINST the bill cross the floor to the opposition's side of the House. If there are 5 or more to vote against the bill, the names are recorded in Handsard. This is the process that occurred when the Weapons Act was originally voted in and when registration was voted for as well. On that occasion (1996), the only one who voted against the bill was Liz Cunningham.
    Last Tuesday, there were six who voted against the bill: the Independents Liz Cunningham, Dorothy Pratt, Rob Messenger and Chris Foley and the two Katter's Australian Party members Aiden McLindon and Shane Knuth.
    Whilst some of the opposition spoke during the debate, ALL of them crossed the floor to vote with the government - again! Only those six stood up for shooters.
    Of the debate on the individual clauses that followed in the evening, there was only one item where a division was called again. This was on the penalty for theatrical ordance suppliers without a licence. Your local high school production could very well be in breach of this clause, if they use "replica" firearms in their production and they don't have a theatrical ordnance supplier with a licence to supply the replicas. Yes, really!
    Remember the names of those who voted against this atrocious piece of legislation. They are the only ones we as shooters, can rely on to stand up for us. The rest of the parliament let us down. You can read the whole transcript of the debate in Handsard. Follow the link below and access the record for Tuesday 15th November.
    http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/en/work-of-assembly/hansard
    Happy reading!
    After voting for the National Party since 1976 I no longer can distinguish the LNP from Labour or their green friends.

If you want to protect your rights to fish, camp, 4WD, shoot or most other outdoor activity, then there is only one choice that offers any chance of that..........http://www.ausparty.org.au/

Tumbo,

now thats a good first post on behalf of KAT...
    Tangles KFC

hehe Mike..I wonder which candidate ????

enuff said
    Tangles KFC

Just to clear the waters........ At this stage I have no affiliation with the Aus Party what so ever. I have not even met my local candidate(Peter Pyke) yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbo59 View Post
    Just to clear the waters........ At this stage I have no affiliation with the Aus Party what so ever. I have not even met my local candidate(Peter Pyke) yet.
    please tell me you would not vote for him.

Please tell us that are not savvy with individual politicians why you would not vote for Pyke Pinhead?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

do a search on him Chris..from memory..was an ALP member..then lost..started his own party..then Qld Party I think..now KAP..plus some other dramas tossed in the mix.
    I am dubious about those that swap and change parties...would much rather have a candidate that has ideals they stick to, even if I don't agree with them but at least you know where they stand.

please tell me you would not vote for him.
    You seem to be some sort of psyco analyst without knowing the facts so please tell me why I shouldn't vote for Peter Pyke?

While you are at it, please tell me which candidate's in my electorate that are likely to look after our interests better than Peter Pike?

"At this stage" hmm speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    do a search on him Chris..from memory..was an ALP member..then lost..started his own party..then Qld Party I think..now KAP..plus some other dramas tossed in the mix.
    I am dubious about those that swap and change parties...would much rather have a candidate that has ideals they stick to, even if I don't agree with them but at least you know where they stand.
    Do a search, from memory- sounds like you are not entirely well versed Pinhead and if the worst he has done is cange parties- well hardly damning behaviour from a pollie. I know nothing about the man but just because he has changed parties does not mean his ideals have changed. It is pretty well agreed by most that the ideals of both majors have changed. So swaping parties may be a way to stay true to ones ideals as those of the party change.

Question Re: KAP ( Katter's Australia Party ) policy.

PH , which part of the LNP fishing policy , beats KAP's
    Camhawk88.....I "say" hmm

Personally I believe that the LNP will stab fisho's in the back just like they did to shooters!!

After voting for the National Party since 1976 I no longer can distinguish the LNP from Labour or their green friends.

If you want to protect your rights to fish, camp, 4WD, shoot or most other outdoor activity, then there is only one choice that offers any chance of that..........http://www.ausparty.org.au/
    what is wrong with that amendment?

Camhawk..I reckon it is pretty obvious that Mr Pyke does not care what Party he represents..he is just looking for a job as a pollie.

ALP will screw me ..... LNP will screw me ....... Bob will probably screw me after all he is a pollie ......... but at least after bob show me his lovin i'll still be able to go fishin without having to worry about 50 million rules some desk jockey thought up in his lunch break.

BigE

Bugger ya , I just spat me bloody coffee all over the laptop .
    Shawn

And that there is funny and I don't care who you are.

Cheers Kevin

Just heard that the electoral commission don't want to allow the name " Katters Australian Party" on the ballot papers but want it to be "The Australian Party" which is very similar to "The Australian labor Party". KAP are looking into the legal aspect of it now. Seems if people aren't careful thay may tick the wrong box
    http://www.ecq.qld.gov.au/elections/...andidates.html

Make sure which box is which when you vote.