Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: KAP ( Katter's Australia Party ) policy.

Re: KAP ( Katter's Australia Party ) policy.

After this election I think Bob will hold a substantial balance of power, but not hold office. The chances of him implementing any of his policies or concepts will be minimal but he may be able to squash the other parties bad policies with back room deals. I don't think I want a party to hold power akin to the current independent debarcle federally, I would rather him getting power and keeping clean to achieve results. A very big ask for someone who has a "radical" outlook and history in politics.
    Seems to be anything that is good for the family, work or leisure is a radical concept these days. Thew big three parties is more about legislating to create new forms of income via taxes, fees, levies or licencing, none of which actually aids a person in his day to day life, or helps a business to survive or prosper.
    Jack.

I wonder if this scenario would happen. LNP win Govt. KAP is the opposition and Labour out on the pasture amongst the greens.
    Be an interesting time ahead if this was the case.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    After this election I think Bob will hold a substantial balance of power, but not hold office. The chances of him implementing any of his policies or concepts will be minimal but he may be able to squash the other parties bad policies with back room deals. I don't think I want a party to hold power akin to the current independent debarcle federally, I would rather him getting power and keeping clean to achieve results. A very big ask for someone who has a "radical" outlook and history in politics.
    Seems to be anything that is good for the family, work or leisure is a radical concept these days. Thew big three parties is more about legislating to create new forms of income via taxes, fees, levies or licencing, none of which actually aids a person in his day to day life, or helps a business to survive or prosper.
    If either major party needs Katter's Aus Party to form a Gov it will be the best thing that ever happened to anglers, shooters, campers & 4x4 ect, don't know about other important issues though LOL.

I'll bet my last $ Katters mob win at least 1 seat............ Nanango is already in the bag.

Mike - on 4BC they had a Professor of Politics saying that KAP will win at least Mt Isa without a doubt. I hope he does hold the balance of power - and keeps Can Do in the traditional conservative camp rather than the trendy inner city Brisbane Green (given some of Can Do's Green spending as mayor am I correct to think Can Do is a bit Leftard?).

It would also be great to see Can Do eat some humble pie after categorically ruling out doing any deals with KAP (yet the Lib's do deals with the Greens all the time - look at the last Federal Election and some of the nutter Greens that got elected on the back of Lib preferences - and Wilkie). I also like KAP Coal Seam Gas approach towards the farmers.

Katter's candidate in Nanango is Carl Rackamann, he's very popular up there and the LNP is not. They've had the Inependent Dorothy Pratt for the last couple of terms but she's retiring.

By the look of the polls KAP would need a shite load of seats to hold BOP. LNP look like romping it in so wont need anyone on side to pass anything through parliment. Pity.

" It would also be great to see Can Do eat some humble pie after categorically ruling out doing any deals with KAP (yet the Lib's do deals with the Greens all the time - look at the last Federal Election and some of the nutter Greens that got elected on the back of Lib preferences - and Wilkie)."

An inconvenient truth frog . They don't like to be reminded of those decisions tends to go right to the heart of there credibilty and the claims they quite often make to the contrary about there views on the Greens.

Go you mad katter and stick it up the 2 major egotistical parties. Makes you sick to the guts to see em running around paying more attention to there own well being than the people they prance pretending to represent.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Best to have a look at some of the backgrounds of the KAP candidates before giving them a vote..how about Aiden McLindon and Peter Pyke for example..hardly trustworhty of standing by their credentials.

No, exactly right in keeping an eye on. Big Carl is a straight up and down bloke... a long way striaght up and down, from what I've heard around the traps. I don't think BOP is any sort of chance, but you never know. Some of the others around the traps are real zeros. Mind you, I know personally some of the members from both LNP and Labor and they are members; real members. But of course there are good and bad in all parties.

Pinhead is spot on.
    Aiden is a serial political party turncoat.
    Started out as National then went to Logan Council, then Liberal gets seat then leaves to form Qld party then when Katter comes up jumps on board.
    Wonder where he will go next, Greens or another of his own parties.
    We all have had a gutful of Bligh and want a change .
    Also remember Katter is Federal Politics and not state.
    Wish we could fast forward the next 5 weeks as it is going to get very dirty.
    Historian/Collector of Old Sidecast Fishing Reels

I will probably vote uncle Bob K state and fed, I also live in his electorate and have seen him talk in person a few times to crowds when not needing to put on the showman act for the cameras/hostile partys etc....this bloke is 5 steps ahead of any other pollie out there, listening to him when he has no need for the fire and brimstone persona one would swear they are listening to a very wise uncle who has been there and done that around the traps at every level and is not fooled by the popular inner city zealot ideology's and the frightened little person thoughts so much of the major party's rely upon to get elected these days.

i don't like his ethanol ideas...but in truth they are effectively no better or worse than what the other majors have done or will continue to do on this issue.

Living in his electorate I get to see a lot of him on TV and get to hear about lots that he actually does for the electorate without fanfare, his to the camera antics exist only because he knows that anyone who finds it easily to make fun of wouldn't be a vote of him anyway and it keeps his name out there in the countrys consciousness both hard left and right instead of back there somewhere ignored nationally...5 steps ahead of every polly he is imo and just as many ahead of the rusted on LAB and LIB sheeple yet they don't know it yet.

Very interested to find out what his preference deals are going to be all about, for a party that cannot be newer the numbers he will poll at the booth might make everyone sit up and take notice.

time will tell.

FNQ - I also hope he does well (I have been a rusted on LNP voter all my life). My bet is though, the ALP-Green / LNP will want to squash him quicksmart. Neither of the two monopoly coalitions want another 'One Nation' senario whereby they both lose 20-30% of their votes. So my bet is they will not hold back in destroying KAP.

It is good to see some good people running like Karl R, if Katter gets some good talent, hopefully the party will attract more talent and grow from there. Let's face it - it wouldn't be hard to "out talent" the current ALP-Watermelons or the LNP.

Pinhead - yes I can see why people think that about Aiden. But then look at Can Do's response to Mr Caldwell. On one hand according to Can -Do it's OK to have homosexual marraige, yet it's not OK to have hetrosexual sex (eg as in Caldwell's case?)?? Seems Can-Do also can't make his mind up as to where he stands on issues. Is he of the Right (hetro sex) or the Left (same sex)? If Can-Do is this confused over moral issues (who's business is Caldwell's private dealings anyway??), how confused will he be over Fishing Issues??? If Can Do is happy to dictate what a canditate can and can't do in his own private sex life, sheesh!!! - what will he do to the electorate?? As for the ALP-Watermelon's; well they will screw us all either way.

big difference FF..Mc Lindon was elected to represent a Party..he reneged on that. My belief is that if an elected Member does not want to stay as a representative of the Party he stood for and was elected under then quit the seat completely.
    the other bloke is merely a candidate..not an elected Member. From 2010 until now McLinden has been an LNP member, Independent, Qld Party Member and now KAP member...only leaves the ALp and he will have them all.

Pinhead - I Agree re members changing parties / not sticking to their word - I have the poor fortune of living in Slippery Pete's electorate and would dearly love it if he was honourable (fat chance) and stepped down. At least the people in Aiden's electorate can get a chance to vote come March 24.

See all this party crap is just that crap. IMO this party system is what's eating away at our country like a cancer. Time for a complete political revolution.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.