Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: KAP ( Katter's Australia Party ) policy.

Re: KAP ( Katter's Australia Party ) policy.

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    I dunno, who did pinhead? is it relevant to today....very little in 'era' is anymore, the great barrier reef rezoning as an example, would have been quite a while ago enacted I suspect?, same as in other developed countries....use the riches or become a 3rd world economy understanding of times past and proved correct in history.

I don't invest in Australia underground resources because of the sovereign risk in such a fundamentalist in ideology driven society as driven by politicians pet interests.

Good post frogfuzz
    Bob did........................

OK in the early 90s http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Katter

One would think the legislation would be older than that? All the way back to gold rush's etc, perhaps Qld (bob) added to it..somehow?

KAP looks set to get a few seats!! Thuwingowa (sp) in townsville might be a cert? from reading around the traps.

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    KAP looks set to get a few seats!! Thuwingowa (sp) in townsville might be a cert? from reading around the traps.
    I hope so FNQ - but don't get too excited about it until it happens. Personally I hope KAP does win a few regional seats - might send a message to the LNP & ALP. I also hope Carl Rakemann gets in. It will be interesting to see how the LNP, ALP - Greens try to smeer him.

Speaking of smeering: I got told I was "excrement" by a "how to vote" ALP person today. As I approached these two clowns they insisted on shoving their properganda under my nose despite the fact I purposfully tried to avoid making eye contact with them (heck - it worked for ALL the other parties).

I wasn't in the mood and retorted to ALP Hack #1 "I'll eat my own excrement before voting for Anna and the ALP" (merely stating the honest truth);

to which ALP Hack #2 said (as I was walking away with my back to him, neither was my initial comment towards him) "You are excrement".

I turned around, walked up and asked him to repeat it to my face. He refused. I told him that he was a coward and a liar - just like Anna.

Yes, my initial comment was a tad crass and contraversial (guess I was just following Anna's lead with Campbell) - but apart from all the stuff ups this ALP gov't has done - which both me, my wife and my kids will be paying for in years to come; one of my biggest gripes is that the ALP has shut down access to my road and refused to build an overpass over the Bruce Hwy saying they have "no money" because of the floods (so much for the flood levy I had to pay as a "rich person" - what happened to that??). Yet they have money for the Cmwth Games (same price as an overpass), money for fat contracts to ALP spouses in the Public Service, money for a dam that never was, money for footy stadiums, money for computer payroll systems that don't work etc etc. Recently my young child had a major medical incident soon after they shut access down to my road. It meant a 40KM extra trip to an already distant hospital. My child could have lost body parts as a result of the accident combined with the extra distance. My child was in extreme pain. They had to dope my child's little body out on morphine. Another local needed urgent medical attention recently and the consequences for this local also could have been dire.

The ALP hasn't given a s$%t about people where I live (and I bet if you are outside Brisbane your experiences are probably similar to mine). For instance they could have left the Hwy open to emergency vehicles only - but no - that would be common sense.

And then to have this ALP Hack refer to me as "excrement". Get stuffed I say! As it is I had to drive a round trip of 60+kms to vote - seen the price of petrol thanks to Anna and her ALP Hacks??? Or better yet - it's a six cyl car - rego due next week! Save the planet from man made global warming - what a load of croc when they make everyone in my local area drive an extra 40KM per day on gazetted roads.

I should be able to express my opinion to these ALP Hacks at how disgusted I am with Anna and her pack of taxpayer teat sucking liars. But for them to turn around and say "You're excrement" simply because I refuse to share their political views - Well I won't cop that. If they said "You're comment is excrement" I would have ignored them and kept on walking. I'm entitled to free speech as are they. Personal insults however - are not free and if you are going to insult somebody - at least have the balls to do it to their face, and then face the consequences. IF the ALP is full of idiot bully's like ALP Hack #2; it's no wonder the Limp Wristed Greens are walking all over you.

The ALP seem to think we have to suck up whatever it is they lump on us cash cows. I'm sick of it. In fact I am sick of any politician who treats us with utter contempt.

"BOB Katter says his fledgling party is now a "huge, powerful machine", with last-minute polling indicating it could win five seats in the Queensland election. According to a Newspoll published today, Katter's Australian Party will receive nine per cent of the state's primary vote.
    Mr Katter, who was handing out how-to-vote cards with his son and Mount Isa candidate Rob, said he was impressed with the progress his party had made since it was formed less than a year ago."

don't get too excited Bob..Hansen's mob had 11 seats at one stage.

The problem with Hanson was that she had too many people behind the scene pulling the strings.
    She had some good ideas, just not the smarts to go with it, so she had to rely on the "string pullers"
    I reckon Katter has been in the game long enough and has some smarts to go with it.

I think his party will do better that the "fishing party" ever did, and probably be around a lot longer than "one nation" ever was

We probably don't want them to ever hold power (no t the they ever will), but we do need someone to challenge the 2 useless majors!

Carl Rackerman looks toast. I voted LNP against Anna in south Brisbane. It looks real close and would be hilarious If she lost. I would love to see Katter get more seats than ALP that's for sure.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Labor loosing Ipswich
    Bligh loosing her seat

Joanne Miller might be leader of the opposition at this rate!

Looks like Katter will only get 1 or 2, the leader Mclindon got smoked by the LNP. Looks like Katter JNR will lead KAP QLD. Too early to call South Brisbane. Hard to see Anna loosing it.

Labor looks like it will need KAP and the independents to form a coalition just to be able to form an opposition.....

Best news out of all of this???????? EASILY that the greens look like they won't win a seat. GOLD!
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Best news out of all of this???????? EASILY that the greens look like they won't win a seat. GOLD!
    Yes but it is still quite a lot of people that cast their votes for them when tallied up, they will reform and they will have a candidate at every seat come the next election. Where does the Green party get enough funds from to stand so many candidates every election in every state?? Sure must cost a packet to keep losing so much.
    Jack.

Astounding success for the KAP! multitudes of 20% ers and a handful of 30%ers. a couple of 40%ers? and 2 seats...3?

Watch out federal labor with the federal voting preferential system the KAP might hold just as many seats you do!

How sweet seriously is it to see that extremist loving zealot drum banging Queensland Labor party get squashed like a bug!

We told them at the time of the last election but they where to manic aggressive to listen

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Yes but it is still quite a lot of people that cast their votes for them when tallied up, they will reform and they will have a candidate at every seat come the next election. Where does the Green party get enough funds from to stand so many candidates every election in every state?? Sure must cost a packet to keep losing so much.
    They still got a fair few votes so they will get a nice funding package. They don't run elaborate campaigns and basically turn up on the day and grab votes in many cases
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Just watched sky news.....the arrogance of Craig Emerson is astounding.

He stated there is no link between the qld election, and how queenslanders will vote federally. I agree there is a seperation of issues, however his argument that the same thing happened when we had libs federally and labor at state level is rubbish - this is a result the likes of which I have not seen before. Landslide does not describe this.

And with the introduction of the Australian Party, to combat the effect of the greens federally, i think Labor, federally are in for a rude shock! Thank God...i hope this is the end of the Green madness.

Let's hope julia gets the sameb treatment!
    Unfortunately it will be too late to get rid of the carbon tax though

Correct me if I am wrong, but was not Qld the last standing state Labor party in power?
    Jack.