Thread: Cream and Icing Sugar help

Question Cream and Icing Sugar help

OK All you cooks and cake makers out there, can you mix icing sugar/mix with cream to make it stiffer and last longer?????
    I have to make a cake tomorrow with cream for Saturday...... Help please
    Rainbow Trout is NOT skittle flavoured fish.........

Re: Cream and Icing Sugar help

I normally whip cream with icing sugar it gives a sweeter taste but does it last longer im not sure. It does taste better though.

thanks mate
    Rainbow Trout is NOT skittle flavoured fish.........

Heya aussie, icing sugar only makes the cream sweeter, as for stiffer just need to whip it a bit more but!! becareful not too much as the cream could turn into butter...

This is your best plan...make the cake day before (Friday night) also make the cream with icing sugar same night but put the cream in seperate bowl then cover with cling wrap into the fridge..now don't forget aussie don't whip the cream too much or it will go really buttery and ya don't want that on a cake...nice and smooth also taste your cream when adding your icing sugar because ya don't want it to sweet...
    Then in the morning of saturday take your cake out and cream it either over the top and around the sides or cut it in half then butter raspberry jam then add your cream, then place the other half on top...mmmmmmmmmmm
    hahahahaha now ya making me hungry lmao
    Good luck with your cake mate..

Cheers
    Billy

Ooh when i mean cut it in half i mean like a sandwhich, then you should have 2 sandwhich pieces of cake thats when you put your jam and cream on...you can also sprinkle a little bit of icing sugar over the top of your cake when ya place the second piece on top..

Cheers
    Billy

Hi AF

Store your cream in the fridge in an aluminium / metal bowel. Amazing how much better it cools and keeps.

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Hi
    I always use a metal bowl to whip cream but never add icing sugar. just my personal thing. Try adding a little Vanillan sugar -- available in the spice section of the supermarket. it adds a nice flavour to the cream. Only add a teaspoon or two though.
    As for keeping longer -- that I don't know. I always pop my cram in anything on the day.

Ronnie

Ronnie

We drop a dollop of cream in day time coffee, YuM; that's why we like it in a SS bowel even though we only whip a bit at a time.

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................