Thread: Urgent, cork rings needed

Urgent, cork rings needed

I urgently need cork rings with an OD of 35mm or greater. I need enough to do a 340mm long rear grip. The ID isnt an issue but the OD is.

Stu

Re: Urgent, cork rings needed

Sorry Mate..... 32mm is the biggest I got

I think 32mm would be fine mate.

try graham or i have one that has been glued up its 365 long x 33 dia and a 6 mm bore.
    they really sand up nice to

Ian

Stu,
    Ive got what ever you want ,1 1/2 ,1 1/4 colors as well .Eva red ,blue ,white,camo green,black,corkalon,yellow.
    16 sets of gold cermets 30-7 single foot spin.even a couple of 40hh fuji silicons,30 high frame titanium silicons double foot.
    I sell 14 inch 6mm bore unsanded cork grips $8 .i even have shops buy from me. They turn up a treat.
    I have some wicked thread that goes with cork brown with gold speckle also black with silver speckle but thats reserved for my own rods and no they are not trimar although i have most trimar except i ran out of green and gold.Bugger it goes great with those kevlar blanks i will have to try another brand.
    Graham 0409600099

Component whore. I will take you up on the Cermets though providing the price is right. I need TISVG in 30-25-16-12-10-8-8 and tip 8/2.2 or there abouts. I will also take some of the cork rings as well in 1 1/2 so I can glue straight on to the blank then sand to shape. I hate boring out long cork grips with a passion. Yes its easy enough but you never get a truly perfect fit. I bore out to the exact size for the spot on the blank the ring will live, then I fit the next and so on and so on. Once all on I place it on the metal lathe and compresse the crap out of them. I also need a few Titanium silicons to finish a rod Im working on, will call you tomorrow. I will say it again though, your a component whore.

Component Whore!!! Well maybe you are right. It"s like alladins cave at my place you never know what you will find.Im trying to clean it up but keep finding more gear.
    Interesting choice of cermets ,I would have gone 30,16,12,10,3x8 matching tip depending on length of blank.got some lamiglass blanks 10-20lb 7ft $30 . great snapper blank and barra baitcaster cut down.
    Not just components gear as well got a spin rod most collectors would kill for only 200 made probably only one in Australia.
    Anyway you know me too bloody well.
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I urgently need cork rings with an OD of 35mm or greater. I need enough to do a 340mm long rear grip. The ID isnt an issue but the OD is.

Stu
    hi stu try alibaba.com / ########## for your cork rings i buy them there to