Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slimmys on the Furuno 1150

Slimmys on the Furuno 1150

Port Stephens 002.jpgPort Stephens 007.jpg Slimmys Wall to Wall.

joe

Re: Slimmys on the Furuno 1150

you can see the out dated technology with the screen presentation of the 1150 compared to those new mfd,s garmin and simrad have

DSCF0017.JPGDSCF0013.JPGDSCF0015.JPG

Battler,im not being negative,but whats the difference with your expensive unit and my $1700 unit?
    The jrc is an affordable unit to all trailer boat owners and im not sure what the furuno is worth but im guessing alot more then mine.These images were schools of slimies out off the pinbar where we were live baiting for small blacks.I should of put this on your other post showing bait schools.
    Cheers Mick

at the end of the day most of the sounders on the market are pretty good ,especially when you get up to the 2 k bracket.my set up owes me around 12k now and im seriously dissapointed in it.my mates lowrance with a 600w transom mount transducer kills it.most of my issues are set up[apparently] but the product support is very poor and there are actually very few people around that actually know how to use a furuno1150 ,its a hard to use product,as battler said the manual is written by the japanese so you need to search the web for help.
    from my experience if your looking at a new sounder find someone who knows how to use it first ,because without that the 12k sounder is worthless imop

All old school technology there, my sounder shows little fish in 5 different sizes, BEAT THAT!

Hi Mick i Like your pictures & is great value for a trailer boat!! The difference is your in 26 Fathom i am in 99 Fathoms and 12" screen and the main advantage i can adjust my frequencies on my function key as most sounders run standard 50/200 Khz transducers & if your fishing bait schools you cop other boats return echos! Not with mind my frequencies range from 38Khz to 110Khz fully adjustable & i had a screen in my tower that was networked from the 1150 so i had all this in the tower on a Navnet Screen easy.

Joe

Something wrong there Opti? There's heaps of dealers on the Gold coast! I got Ems to do my full installation which was a great experience and the Guy there gave me on board training which was awesome i really didnt need to read any manual .

Sounds like you need to get the guy on your boat who you brought it off.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by OPTI View Post
    at the end of the day most of the sounders on the market are pretty good ,especially when you get up to the 2 k bracket.my set up owes me around 12k now and im seriously dissapointed in it.my mates lowrance with a 600w transom mount transducer kills it.most of my issues are set up[apparently] but the product support is very poor and there are actually very few people around that actually know how to use a furuno1150 ,its a hard to use product,as battler said the manual is written by the japanese so you need to search the web for help.
    from my experience if your looking at a new sounder find someone who knows how to use it first ,because without that the 12k sounder is worthless imop

Opti sounds like sower grapes to me.

Joe

mick look at the depth it's in fathoms,ie 90fa is about 170mts.

Quote Originally Posted by battler1 View Post
    Opti sounds like sower grapes to me.

Joe
    just frustration with the product ,joe ,not user friendly,unfortunately the dealer i got the transducers off doesnt fish so didnt know how to work the sounder past standard settings ,i even called john at furuno in bris last week and he couldnt answer my questions ,just gave me another number to try.
    i really just regret buying this set up ,i guess the price you pay when it takes 4 years to get your rig to the water,technology waits for know one especially electronics,the other problem with furuno is it wont talk to my raymarine plotter.
    with these new chirp units coming out its a good excuse for an upgrade anyway with a bigger screen and somthing easier to use.

You have to be happy with what you use mate i just love my furuno's and i do a lot of fishing with charter boat skippers and they all have them !

Joe .

Good Luck

how come you set your depth in fathoms? all gps charts are in metres these days arnt they?
    Living the dream, Barry

Opti, you are sounding more frustrated by the day. Sad to hear after as you say, spending 12 odd grand. I know a lot of people who would give there left testy to have that setup in their boat.
    It is hard to tell whether or not the wet face tranny you are running is to blame? Or as you say a little guidance is required.
    Stick with it mate, the runs are deffinently on the board for the 1150.
    Tell you the truth I enjoy the tweaking just as much as trying to squeeze another couple of knots/performance out of the rest of the boat.

I know how you feel. Whilst I don't have a 1150 I do have 3 MFD's on my boat, and they are hard to use, sometime painful. The manual sucks. My BB sounder works great, got down to 600m, so not too bad for 1KW in hull, and target discrimination has been good. I had some problems updating my displays, and JN Taylor at murrarie were very helpful with excellent service (when they confirmed I had bought locally!). Have you tried them?

TM

Quote Originally Posted by andrew&lucy View Post
    mick look at the depth it's in fathoms,ie 90fa is about 170mts.
    I get the same picture in 140-175 mtrs fishing wrecks.I have used mine on a ledge that rises from 245 mtrs to 235 mtrs off the cape and the bar cod and hapuka
    we were catching on electrics were clearly seen.Mine only runs a 600 watt transducer.These were just some of the fish we caught for those that don't believe?Thats another boat in the back ground too,not a rock.lol
    Regards Mick.
    Attached Images Attached Images