Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: peel island 6/2/12

Re: peel island 6/2/12

outta line - thanks mate, i am chuffed.

billy, i have the tent and the kitchen appliances (well, a gas cooker anyway). dont know about the tennis racquet. very short court.

cheers rosco, the weather looks good for the weekend (atm anyway). best of luck mate.

jim - um, about 4" minnow type lure with a diving depth of about 8 feet. sorry, best i can do - bought about 20 mixed factory seconds for $30 6 months back.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

hey Dave dont stress.. There was too much fresh around anyway. will have to head out again soon. can take my rig this time..

nah, i dont stress mate. thats not what fishings for.

Bloody el Dave i been looking for em all holidays and you pick 1 up on a HB and big one to. Well done mate i am jealous as. All i got mid week was sweetys and sunday 7 whiting with my son at mouth of rouse with 4 on board. The ol motor is playing up as it stopped last week and i got towed in and mechanic started it first pop and said service later but alarm came on twicw on sunday. Old motors are a pain hey mate. You seem to know your way around peel to as well as mud. Mud was your spot and your even poning in my spot. Lucky bugger. Good fish and at least the sweety,s pull hard for there size. Cheers mate DD.....

hehehe. mud only became "my" spot this last year dave. prior to that was almost always peel. old motors and all that. wont be too long now and will have a brand spanking 30 on the back. then i'll really cover some ground. reckon i will be hitting the western side of moreton a bit.
    cheers

Hey Davo. I ventured out on Monday both up to the Tiwi and Harry's and then down to an old haunt of mine at Peel. The only colour I managed to see remotely close to my line was green (about 400 jellyfish!!!!!). Visibility was better up iin the middle of the bay compared with peel though.

Me tinks might head out on Monday again. Weather looks good atm. Can't go on weekend unfortunately. With the smaller tides I might head to mud.

better luck next time!

Geez Davo morton in that tinny your keener than me. So you used to be a Peel boy eh. We should hit it together to talk spots and plastics ha ha. Hey kingy,s at dunich is another tip i got last week and they pull hard on the plastics but dont know about those z mans lol. DD.....

dave - she handled tangalooma and back just fine. its pretty much like going to mud and back one way. i used 40 litres for the tangas m&g and wouldn't hesitate to do it again - weather permitting of course. will do it a bit more with more speed tho. i'm sure we'll coordinate right 1 time and get out there for a sesh. i'm good for anytime bar tuesday arv/wednesday morn.

jamie - plenty of jelly around alright. at least all of the last week. water is starting to clear up a bit tho. its gotta help.
    cheers

Davo i might not have a chart plotter but i can at least get out in 25 plus and still feel like fishing so we should try mine 1 day so i can see how you do so well i might learn something lol. Hey i bought a packet of those Z Man thingy,s and might give them a go 1 day but may not superglue them on so i can change back to good ol berkleys after lol. Snapperless Dave.....

hey dave. wouldn't matter if you had the queen mary. you wont get me out in 25. really dont even like 20 very much either. but i'm happy to come join you in 10-15 or less. but, seeing as my chartplotter is like my right arm i doubt i could teach you anything mate. can definately bs on about fishing and enjoy a beverage for a while tho. will then have to get you out in mine so i may be able to show you something. and after you've had your zmans pants pulled down a few times i think you'll go for the super glue too.
    cheers

Hah i never have mine pulled off as my berkleys fit snug and seem to like being eaten to but i think i need to come out in your tinny to see how you take all the good snapps on those funny sparkly zman plastics with no scent lol.

yep. no good gluing a gulp to the hook. first nibble and half your baits gone and then the rest is a mongrel to peel off. as for catching snaps with no scent - i just target those that cant smell

Hi davo i was out there on monday myself i was in a black bluefin wrangler couple of unders and that was it headed over to green and got one snap at about 50cmand went home.

Cheers Rob