Thread: New PB Queeny !

New PB Queeny !

With our barra season now open Katrina & I headed off down the straits looking for a few. We marked some good fish on the HDS8 along a deep ledge and tried trolling deep divers first up. After a few runs and not so much as a bump we switched to the new Squidgy Mongrels & Thready Busters.

I cast my Thready buster into a shower of baitfish hard up on the bank & it was nailed with-in second on the drop. I came up tight with big heads shakes & heavy weight . I called it for a good barra & was blown away when it hit the after burners & came out of the water 50 metres away - the biggest queenfish I have ever seen !

It really put on quite a show with over a dozen jumps before Katrina was able to just get it in the jumbo Enviro net

It went just on 1.2 on the brag matt & was quickly released to grow larger after a few shots - I would never have thought I would get my PB queeny from the straights

So many fish - Scotto
    So Many Fish - So little time !

I Proudly support the following companies: Shimano, G.Loomis, The Haines Group, Scientific Anglers, Abel Reels, Lowrance

Re: New PB Queeny !

With the recent rains in the Mary river catchment - conditions are looking great for a bumper barra season ahead as well -

Picked up this one as bycatch last week while chasing thready's with Nath - which was promptly released

How Good Is Hervey Bay - Scotto

I Proudly support the following companies: Shimano, G.Loomis, The Haines Group, Scientific Anglers, Abel Reels, Lowrance

Great fish!! and nice photos

Nice way to make the stella heat up

Cracker queenie!

Ripper queeny - I'm yet to crack the 1 metre mark, but was thrilled when I got a couple in the 93-95cm range. 1.2m is a real whopper

Cracking Queeny mate, well done!

great Queeny! biggest one I have ever seen probably. what is that plastic that you got the barra on? looks exactly like a poddy mullet.

Nice work mate. That is a cracker of a queeny. Just shows they will go wherever the want in the search of a good feed.

Nice work on the barra as well.

Cheers

Lee

No red lesions on the queenie Scotto ? Near and below the pectoral and pelvic fins ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coodgee View Post
    great Queeny! biggest one I have ever seen probably. what is that plastic that you got the barra on? looks exactly like a poddy mullet.
    Coodgee - That is a new Squidgy Mongrel in the 90mm size - which is going to become a new bench mark in SP's

I have been rigging them weedless using the Auspin heads/hooks - which allows you to fish them just about any where with out snagging

Go the Mongrel - Scotto

Quote Originally Posted by Ben D View Post
    No red lesions on the queenie Scotto ? Near and below the pectoral and pelvic fins ?
    Ben - I can't say I noticed any - it looked in great condition & swam off strongly

Regards Scotto

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mitchell View Post
    Coodgee - That is a new Squidgy Mongrel in the 90mm size - which is going to become a new bench mark in SP's

I have been rigging them weedless using the Auspin heads/hooks - which allows you to fish them just about any where with out snagging

Go the Mongrel - Scotto
    yeah I noticed the weedless rig. Up in Townsville/Hinchinbrook I was using squidgy slick rigs with the internal jig head removed and replaced with a weedless rig, but I found I couldn't get it to swim properly with the head weight removed. looks like you are just running a ball sinker to add weight at the head? I thought that might work but didn't give it a go. I was smashing the little barra with livies but they wouldn't touch the slick rigs, so I stuck to what was working

Those mongrels look the goods alright.