Thread: Tommo Camp oven cook----RIP

Unhappy Tommo Camp oven cook----RIP

Dont know why this wasnt publicised more but I just found out that Tommo of camp oven fame died on boxing day after a fight with cancer.
    He was a legend.Loved the way he was so concerned with measuring,and that he would only use the best "plain brand"ingredients.
    He will be sorely missed,though I cant say the same for his battered Mars bars.
    Condolences to his family

Re: Tommo Camp oven cook----RIP

Very very sad mate but thanks for sharing.
    I actually had the pleasure of meeting Frank a fair few years ago at one of the camping/fishing shows here in Brisbane.A really genuinely nice bloke, full of laughs and silly old man jokes.After I was done talking to him he palmed off a cook book and a few DVD's of his adventures to me.
    Great bloke that will surely be missed.

thats really sad mate. I really enjoyed listening to him on tv, what a shame, why could it not have been one of the pigs and scum around the place instead.

Marty
    Living the dream, Barry

Hi
    My mum rang me to let me know this arvo. Met him and he was a really nice down to earth aussie bloke. We had lots to talk about and gave me one of his books , signed and all for my Dad. Cooked the best coca cola scones i've ever had.
    A sad loss.

Ronnie

yep, he was the iconic aussie old fart that you always meet when you're away camping somewhere, and he got to be on tv for doing what he does best, RIP legend!

Blog Entries

Thanks for the heads up Albey. He was a true aussie bloke and loved his outdoors. Will be missed for sure.

Bugga....
    Top bloke. Always loved watchin him cook. I still use his book now.

I did notice he was on the great south east or something as a one off last year, and I remember thinking then that he had gone downhill.

RIP