Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garmin chirp pics

Re: Garmin chirp pics

Your gain is way to high opti and why have you got the high interference filter on!! Now there great pictures and if the garmin look like that id give it a rap .

joe

one i got with low chirp but still no shift or tunning
    Attached Images Attached Images

i will let the people discide as i am completly bias working for garmin and all, but the furuno and jrc pics look very anologue dull even compared to the new Garmin, i wish that the last pic was shifted to bottom 25mtrs like optis pic would of been a great comparision ( interested in what tranny you are running mate ) got to agree botom discrimination is pretty dam good but the rest is blury in my opinion , i am also concidering b175 thru hull transducers for the kevlacat as i think iam getting interference with the in hull due to the kevlacat construction and only being 1 kwt .

keep a eye on this post as i will keep the pics coming as i said before i have 2 days at the little ships comp with a 2-3 kwt chirp that i will post, then a upgrade on the comparision b175 thru hull vs in hull on my boat as well ,i will keep both and get some great comparsion shoots for those interested .

Thanks For the Rap Kitty !!! If you spend time to go out and take pictures of your Chrip Sounders id at lease put a good picture up ? Kitty i have nothing to prove only you do !!!!!!!!!!!!So by call people keyboard Idiots is not right all i said is the picture didn't look good which i stand by !! I really hope You do Well with your Chrip & sell a heap & Positive Views always go far but you need to take the Negatives in a positive way & build on them.

See You at Port Stephens Interclub if you are going as im fishing there for 10 Days.

joe

Quote Originally Posted by battler1 View Post
    Your gain is way to high opti and why have you got the high interference filter on!! Now there great pictures and if the garmin look like that id give it a rap .

joe
    didnt know it had a interference filter or that it was on ,as i said i need lots of help.

im running a 50 bl-12hr on the low and a 82b35r on the high,i think the high was set to 88khz in that pic,still finding the best freq to run that one,ive got 4 different pre select freqs from 66 to 109 khz

Kitty Cat, for a first time run, those pictures are pretty good. They seem nice and crisp and clear and I am sure you would have loved to drop a rod over.
    I am getting my Simrad NSS 12 with a Chirp transducer and from what I have seen on here and on other sites I am quite happy I spent the additional money despite not using it yet. I mainly went to the Chirp as it seems to be the start of new technology which normally means companies spend a lot more time investing and researching it.
    Why do you think you are getting interference from the hull? Mine is going into a 23 foot shark cat so hopefully this will not be a major issue.

Quote Originally Posted by No Fear View Post
    Kitty Cat, for a first time run, those pictures are pretty good. They seem nice and crisp and clear and I am sure you would have loved to drop a rod over.
    I am getting my Simrad NSS 12 with a Chirp transducer and from what I have seen on here and on other sites I am quite happy I spent the additional money despite not using it yet. I mainly went to the Chirp as it seems to be the start of new technology which normally means companies spend a lot more time investing and researching it.
    Why do you think you are getting interference from the hull? Mine is going into a 23 foot shark cat so hopefully this will not be a major issue.
    Those Simrad NSS & NSE really seem to be getting some good results. If I was to replace my Furuno it would be with one of those. The CHIRP pics on THT & the Marlin Bar for the Simrads look fantastic. Wayne, I guess youre pictures or set up needs some fine tuning as they dont look that great but I have seen other Garmin Chirp pics that look great. The local guy from Simrad certainly seems to know his stuff and has good customer relation skills.

Greg P can you send me a link to the pictures you are talking about? interested to see the chirp system working to its full potential..

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by linedropper View Post
    very nice images.

Yeah, that last set sure are impressive.
    Would have liked to have seen a zoom on that 708ft shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    I dont trust that lot of pictures. There are multiple identical pictures but with different colour palettes. Only way to do that is via software/simulator setup.

thanks for the link Lindropper! just read the whole thing...
    Looks as though only a couple of people have it sorted at the moment, but im sure it will get there.