Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dream exploratory trip(s) for 2012. please share :)

Re: Dream exploratory trip(s) for 2012. please share :)

My brother and I have been talking about doing a trip up to Princess Charlotte Bay or maybe the gulf some time soon. Will probably tow my boat to Mackay then hook it upto the brothers Colorado for the rest of the journey. We do have some rellys that do these trips on a yearly basis so will have to sit down with them and work out the logistics of it all when we get some time.

My dream trip would be to have a base in Nth Qld near the water where I could launch a big Signature any time I choose, weather permitting, and head out to any of the numerous reefs, with a variety of different friends sharing the costs, where I could fish for reds or some of the many other species on the GB Reef.

Somewhere just north of Hinchenbrook Island would be good, possible cruise the channel for a few days.

Something like I done last week, twice the week before, most times weekly for the past few years, and probably tomorrow, day and night, for a great time, weather looks great for the next week, might get 2 trips in this week.

Sorry guys, someone semi retired in Nth Qld had to say it.

But I did work long and damn hard throughout my life to get to this stage. I hardly remember my kids growing up cause I was never there. They are well set up now and its 'my time'

No need to justify anything to us mate......we hate you none the less for it!!!!

Yes, morbid as it is, I do get great please in being hated for my current lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by googarra View Post
    My dream trip would be to have a base in Nth Qld near the water where I could launch a big Signature any time I choose, weather permitting, and head out to any of the numerous reefs, with a variety of different friends sharing the costs, where I could fish for reds or some of the many other species on the GB Reef.

Somewhere just north of Hinchenbrook Island would be good, possible cruise the channel for a few days.

Something like I done last week, twice the week before, most times weekly for the past few years, and probably tomorrow, day and night, for a great time, weather looks great for the next week, might get 2 trips in this week.

Sorry guys, someone semi retired in Nth Qld had to say it.

you might have some house guests pretty soon
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Back to reality though, I would love to head out offshore and catch snapper off the Gold Coast/Brisbane sometime as I have never done that. I was the lord of the Jumpinin for a few years when you could actually be the only boat there and always catch a good feed and pick up the crabs in the pots on the way home, that was a long while ago and from what I read now, you can bump boats into each other, and walk from one to the other now.

I spend a lot of time checking the snapper catches on this forum, in the background, cause I know nothing about it other that you guys fish deep and look for shows off the bottom.

We deal with short, sharp, Shi*&t up here and you guys deal with big swell and mongrel bars to cross so all would be new to me.

Back to reality though, I would love to head out offshore and catch snapper off the Gold Coast/Brisbane sometime as I have never done that. I was the lord of the Jumpinin for a few years when you could actually be the only boat there and always catch a good feed and pick up the crabs in the pots on the way home, that was a long while ago and from what I read now, you can bump boats into each other, and walk from one to the other now.

I spend a lot of time checking the snapper catches on this forum, in the background, cause I know nothing about it other that you guys fish deep and look for shows off the bottom.

We deal with short, sharp, Shi*&t up here and you guys deal with big swell and mongrel bars to cross so all would be new to me.
    It will be interesting to see how people will fish for snaps with the new bag limits.....fish shallower water for better survival rate on released bigger fish ,try n keep fish alive in the tank to upgrade, or just take what you catch within bag limits..
    I fish in 65-85m for snaps and the bigger fish IMO would have less than 50% survival rate in that depth ...... but this is opening a can of worms and isn't really on topic of thread ........................sorry..............cheers mick
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

Ausfish Gold Member ThePinkPanther's Avatar

I wanna do a trip to Cato Reef off Gladstone with a nineteen year old ash blonde, tanned, black bikini, six foot tall!

No gear, no bait, no rods, no lures, nuffing except a soft foam mattress on the foredeck, prawns, muddies and champers!

Yeh, way to go!

But I did work long and damn hard throughout my life to get to this stage. I hardly remember my kids growing up cause I was never there. They are well set up now and its 'my time'
    don't you regret that ??

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkPanther View Post
    I wanna do a trip to Cato Reef off Gladstone with a nineteen year old ash blonde, tanned, black bikini, six foot tall!

No gear, no bait, no rods, no lures, nuffing except a soft foam mattress on the foredeck, prawns, muddies and champers!

Yeh, way to go!
    I reckon you could get one at : www.inflatablegirlsrus.com

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkPanther View Post

Yeh, way to go!
    Damn Damn and Tripple Damn .... Already done this one, except forgot the bikini ..... ohh well maybe next time
    Jim

Sorry guys to drag up this thread again, but just sitting here looking for some more inspiration! Don't be shy- share your ambitious trip plans/ideas!
    I convinced the mrs to have a long weekend at Hamilton Is in June. I'm going to run my boat over from Airlie and dock in the Hamo marina so we can do a few day trips to Whitehaven etc. Might slip out early for a solo GT mission too
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by FisHard View Post
    Sorry guys to drag up this thread again, but just sitting here looking for some more inspiration! Don't be shy- share your ambitious trip plans/ideas!
    I convinced the mrs to have a long weekend at Hamilton Is in June. I'm going to run my boat over from Airlie and dock in the Hamo marina so we can do a few day trips to Whitehaven etc. Might slip out early for a solo GT mission too
    For the price of your weekend trip to hamilton island I can spend a week in Phuket. Thats why Aussie Tourism is stuffed..................... too dear.

having said that, I wouldn't mind a weeks fishing off Norfolk or Lord Howe islands

Know what you mean, but can't tow the boat to Puket! I'm a great advocate of the Nomad Sportfishing chater operation (done 2 trips with them), but have you seen how much $$$ their trips are now? Ouch! Going to rethink the 40th birthday lash out trip I think.
    fruit salad is the new Bacon