Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dimensions of Kevlacat 2400 Alloy PODS.

Re: Dimensions of Kevlacat 2400 Alloy PODS.

hey mate, that is a sick little boat, great find well done youve got the best handling beast in your country, they are very well sought after here and very expensive for second hand models, every second bloke here in Aus wishes they had one of those but most cannot afford one..blokes here take those out very far and wide, very safe handling. when you get your craft up and going, wouldnt mind seeing some of the coast and species of fish you have over there. well done cheers

Ausfish New Member

Re: Dimensions of Kevlacat 2400 Alloy PODS.

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    hey mate, that is a sick little boat, great find well done youve got the best handling beast in your country, they are very well sought after here and very expensive for second hand models, every second bloke here in Aus wishes they had one of those but most cannot afford one..blokes here take those out very far and wide, very safe handling. when you get your craft up and going, wouldnt mind seeing some of the coast and species of fish you have over there. well done cheers

Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm taking my time with the rebuild as I want her to come out nice.

The inspiration to look for one of these came from Australia. Surfing the web I came across this site http://aloneatseaphotography.com.au/9650
    Richard Freeman and I have exchanged emails and discussed how badass they Sharkcats and Kevlacats are.

They sell them dirt cheap in USA. There are alot of 2400 models for less than USD $20K.

Will post some fish and coasline pics later. We have very similar species in our waters. For pelagics we have yellofin tuna, dorados (mahi), wahoo, and several billfish. Inshore we get amberjacks, goliath grouper, broomtail grouper, pacific sea bass (corvina), snappers, cubera snapper, golden trevally, etc

The one fish we dont have which I see you guys go crazy for is the GT, giant trevally. But I have noticed they release them, I guess its not a good eat or its protected.