Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    Dimensions of Kevlacat 2400 Alloy PODS.

    Hi,
    Can anyone help me out with the dimensions of a Kevlacat 2400's Alloy PODS , I have a 5.2 and I need to upgrade the PODs to take heavier engines ie twin 90HP Suzuki 4 strokes ,Kevlacat can retrofit them but they are "pricey "and I cannot justify the upgrade. Going down the track of getting some quoted and the dimensions would be a good starting point . Appreciate any help Thanks

  2. #2
    Ausfish Bronze Member rodneyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dimensions of Kevlacat 2400 Alloy PODS.

    Hi Mate clear your pm box i sent pm call me 0407634784 cheers rod

  3. #3

    Re: Dimensions of Kevlacat 2400 Alloy PODS.

    Hi

    My humble advice would be,don't go there,I am of the opinion that 5.2 hulls can only carry a weight of 125kg/130kg maximum a side.Sell her and buy a 2400.

    Regards Hinchy

  4. #4

    Re: Dimensions of Kevlacat 2400 Alloy PODS.

    how did you go with this fromeo? did you put 2400 size pods on?

  5. #5

    Re: Dimensions of Kevlacat 2400 Alloy PODS.

    Quote Originally Posted by hinchy View Post
    Hi

    My humble advice would be,don't go there,I am of the opinion that 5.2 hulls can only carry a weight of 125kg/130kg maximum a side.Sell her and buy a 2400.

    Regards Hinchy
    Would the larger volume pods (therefor more buoyant) at rest not be adequate in supporting the extra weight ? Or is it more of a case that the handling of the boat whilst underway has changed significantly.

    Is the new 1900 Hull designed to be more buoyant in the stern also, not totally relying on the pods ?

    Very interesting topic guys, because the thought has crossed my mind several times. I will be interested to see the outcome.

    Cheers Chris.

  6. #6

    Re: Dimensions of Kevlacat 2400 Alloy PODS.

    I am keen on upgrading my pods to the new style.. Anyone got any experience/opinions on this?

  7. #7
    Ausfish New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Panama

    Re: Dimensions of Kevlacat 2400 Alloy PODS.

    Hi All

    I will be making some larger pods for my Kevlacat 2000 (5.2 US version).

    She was trialed with twim F70 Yamahas and felt underpowered. The Yammis have been sold and will be repowering with either 90 Suzukis or F90B Yamahas.

    Any help on pod dimensions is welcome.

    BR,

    Tito

  8. #8

    Re: Dimensions of Kevlacat 2400 Alloy PODS.

    Get in touch with rodneyk, or arc marine at geebung they will/should have the dimensions but the business has changed owners.
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

  9. #9

    Re: Dimensions of Kevlacat 2400 Alloy PODS.

    Any pics Cus Cus?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  10. #10
    Ausfish New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Panama

    Re: Dimensions of Kevlacat 2400 Alloy PODS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skusto View Post
    Get in touch with rodneyk, or arc marine at geebung they will/should have the dimensions but the business has changed owners.
    Thanks Skusto, I´m located in Panama, Central America. Will PM Rodneyk, thanks. I found on Google Ark marine PTY in Geenbug, Queensland. No email though and website is down. Any leads are appreciated.

    This is the only KC that I have seen in my country, so I have no example to take ideas from. Sick little boat.

  11. #11
    Ausfish New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Panama

    Re: Dimensions of Kevlacat 2400 Alloy PODS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Any pics Cus Cus?
    Yes sir!

    Bought her used ... she had small pods and big outboards. Twin 115 2 stroke Yammis. I did not sea trial her as she was sold to me with one blown engine.

    Attachment 117110

    Attachment 117111
    Attachment 117112
    Attachment 117114
    Attachment 117113

  12. #12

    Re: Dimensions of Kevlacat 2400 Alloy PODS.

    You’ll have to use the advanced tab and upload the photos mate.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  13. #13

    Re: Dimensions of Kevlacat 2400 Alloy PODS.

    Arc Marine are the ones that supply Kevlacat
    phone 0738654107

  14. #14
    Ausfish New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Panama

    Re: Dimensions of Kevlacat 2400 Alloy PODS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    You’ll have to use the advanced tab and upload the photos mate.
    Thanks braddah

    Kevlacat.jpg

    20160713_151359.jpg

    20160620_184037.jpg

    tilted.jpg

    20160620_182312.jpg

    20160620_182248.jpg

  15. #15

    Re: Dimensions of Kevlacat 2400 Alloy PODS.

    Wow that thing has enormous amount of room u could swing a keg around in there

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us