Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on the Jeep Gande Cherokee Overland

Re: Opinions on the Jeep Gande Cherokee Overland

Sounds awesome ,but how is it go off road ?
    George
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Ouch! ....... I like the white & you will too when you realise that you wont have to wash it every other day

Chris
    Gotta agree with this comment NAGG, the wifes car is a very dark grey and its a pain in the @#$% to keep clean. I originally wanted silver or white but got talked into the grey. White is by far the better choice IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    Sounds awesome ,but how is it go off road ?
    George
    I would never buy one as a hard core offroader - but that's not to say it's not capable .
    The overlander TD I have is set up for highway cruising & towing ... which it does brilliantly (certainly considerably better than the Prado Grande TD that it replaced) - I wouldn't give up it's road manners in favor for a ability to climb over some bigger rocks or deeper ruts ....... It certainly handles sand & fire trails without any fuss taking into consideration the tyres (20" low profile )

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by antg2378 View Post
    Gotta agree with this comment NAGG, the wifes car is a very dark grey and its a pain in the @#$% to keep clean. I originally wanted silver or white but got talked into the grey. White is by far the better choice IMO.
    I love dark cars - i've owned a raft of metallic blues , greens & my favorite - Black ....... they all looked great after you washed and dried them - but a spit of rain or a bit of dust and you felt the need to do it all over again ( twice a week was normal).
    when I bought my Prado - i asked to be taken to the dealers holding yard just to see what each colour looked like after sitting out in the weather for days or weeks.......... The best was silver without a doubt followed by white.
    I still look at a nice black or metallic dark blue car with envy - till it rains or it hit's the weekend

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thank Chris , its obviously suit your needs . Hard to find a great allrounder , looks like you are on the money .
    George
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    Thank Chris , its obviously suit your needs . Hard to find a great allrounder , looks like you are on the money .
    George
    Specially - For that price !

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Woooah...I got mine at last. Have had it for nearly 3 weeks now. Only around 750kms on the clock so far.

One word to describe it ------ WOW!

Had to engage qualdralift 2nd level up in 4WD Low to negotiate a steep, narrow sandy incline off the road going down towards a section of creek.

Had the heeby jeebies for a few secs with a new car & all, but realised the jeep was well & truly up to it. Heading bush towards Surat this weekend.

Look out Fraser Island in October..!
    "...a voice in my head keeps telling me to go fishing..."

I would go a snorkel if doing crossings if the air intake is where they were on the old model. Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

I read through all the dealer docs today and discovered that my 2011 GC Laredo is in fact a 2012 model.

Plate 05-12, Year 2012, Build 02-12 (bonus...!)

I still haven't got the final information about fitting an after-market bull bar. The lastest advice I received is to contact East Coast Bullbars (QLD) and ask them, as they were working on designing one. They'll be a bit on the exccy side I spose...

I contacted East Coast Bullbars in Brisbane today and they DO have bullbars for the 2011/2012 Jeep GC.

They are fairly recently hot off the press. I noticed on their website that the bullbars are listed as a 'new release'

They have three colour/look options.

One is a shiny reflective silvery colour that costs $2200 and something. Then they have a more standard metallic silver that is more on the mat side for $2100 and something. And they have black...which is the same as the mat metallic. Prices include installation, which takes 3-4 hours.

I'll probably get one at some point (if the tax man is kind to me this year). Dunno what colour though but I'm thinking the black or mat metallic might be the go as I prefer low maintenance.

The bullbar bloke in the shop reckons the more expensive shiny glossy one is harder to keep clean. East Coast Bullbars have outlets in other places beside Brisbane.

Quote Originally Posted by PNG1M View Post
    I contacted East Coast Bullbars in Brisbane today and they DO have bullbars for the 2011/2012 Jeep GC.

They are fairly recently hot off the press. I noticed on their website that the bullbars are listed as a 'new release'

They have three colour/look options.

One is a shiny reflective silvery colour that costs $2200 and something. Then they have a more standard metallic silver that is more on the mat side for $2100 and something. And they have black...which is the same as the mat metallic. Prices include installation, which takes 3-4 hours.

I'll probably get one at some point (if the tax man is kind to me this year). Dunno what colour though but I'm thinking the black or mat metallic might be the go as I prefer low maintenance.

The bullbar bloke in the shop reckons the more expensive shiny glossy one is harder to keep clean. East Coast Bullbars have outlets in other places beside Brisbane.
    Is this bullbar designed to work with the adaptive cruise control ? - when I made previous enquiries I was told that it wasn't and the adaptive cruise control would need to be disconnected

Looks pretty good though

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

That reminds me

How good is the adaptive cruise? Is it worth the the extra $ it costs with the extra few things in the top of the line pack? Is there settings or is it just 1 button to set it and it picks safe distances ?

Sat in one the other day. Lets just say I was pretty impressed and is a catagory killer at the price but the wait would kill me after I made a decision as I always like to buy off the lot. Shame the salesman I dealt with was a dope.

Quote Originally Posted by cormorant View Post
    That reminds me

How good is the adaptive cruise? Is it worth the the extra $ it costs with the extra few things in the top of the line pack? Is there settings or is it just 1 button to set it and it picks safe distances ?

Sat in one the other day. Lets just say I was pretty impressed and is a catagory killer at the price but the wait would kill me after I made a decision as I always like to buy off the lot. Shame the salesman I dealt with was a dope.
    The ACC is a very nice bit of kit ..... you can set 3 distances (approx 30-100M). what I liked about it is that if a car in front suddenly braked - the jeep would brake as well . Imagine if this happened when you looked away for a brief second ...... without the ACC you would probably come close if not hit the car in front . You also get warnings & braking if a car pulls in front of you or you are coming into a corner possibly too fast . Yes it's worth having .

chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Chris,

Apparently the bull bars I mentioned are just for the Laredo and Limited models. When I spoke with the bloke from East Coast Bull Bars he specifically asked what model vehicle I had. He said that the bars were designed for Laredo & Limited so most likely the ACC in the Overland might be a factor.

I decided I'm gonna get the polished silver bullbar option for my Laredo. Looks-wise I think it goes better with the stone white colour of the car & the shiny silver grill. The ECBB bloke said too that installation is an extra $199 (sheesh) at their factory but I located an outlet in Toowoomba that will do the whole lot - freight from Brisbane, supply & install for $2307.

Dokey okey...

Quote Originally Posted by PNG1M View Post
    Chris,

Apparently the bull bars I mentioned are just for the Laredo and Limited models. When I spoke with the bloke from East Coast Bull Bars he specifically asked what model vehicle I had. He said that the bars were designed for Laredo & Limited so most likely the ACC in the Overland might be a factor.

I decided I'm gonna get the polished silver bullbar option for my Laredo. Looks-wise I think it goes better with the stone white colour of the car & the shiny silver grill. The ECBB bloke said too that installation is an extra $199 (sheesh) at their factory but I located an outlet in Toowoomba that will do the whole lot - freight from Brisbane, supply & install for $2307.

Dokey okey...
    that's what I thought ........ After my last trip up North driving past all those roos & wallabies on the side of the road - it got me thinking again about a bull bar .

chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO